Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database Post 6560 by nailk on Friday 7th of September 2001 04:23:20 AM
Old 09-07-2001
Hi Optimus,

I think, that it is not good idea to find solution in UNIX side, you can find SQL script for this:

database sysmaster;
select sum(nptotal) npt, sum(npused) npu
,dbsname dbn
from sysptnhdr h, sysptprof p
where h.partnum = p.partnum
-- and dbsname = "ert_refv211c"
and dbsname not like "sys%"
and dbsname not like "tmp%"
group by dbsname
into temp x;
select
npt,npu,dbn[1,9],
round (npt*2/1024,2) mb_total,
round (npu*2/1024,2) mb_used
from x;
select round(sum(npt)*2/1024,2) mbt, round(sum(npu)*2/1024) mb_u from x;
drop table x;

Sincerely,
nailk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing the informix database

How do I access Informix from unix? It's been about 2 years since I've last used unix and I've forgotten the command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbouknight
2 Replies

2. Solaris

database image size

hi , we are using Veritas netbackup 5 to backup all databases at our site. i noticed lately that a specific filesystem on the netbackup servers in running critically out of space , after some investigations i found that there are images that are increasing in size everytime a backup is taken .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command to find the version of Informix database

Hi All Please let me know if there is command to check the version of the informix database installed..? Thanks in advance. Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

know the size of database

Hi all , How to know the size of a oracle database running in hp-ux server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Database Size

Can anybody tell me how to look for the size of the database on the solariis servers. I am using Solaris 5.6 and Solaris 1.1.1 Any help will be appreciated.................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to identify the size of a informix db(in kb/mb)?

I just used the dbsize command to find the size, but i guess, it doesn't gets me what i look for. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Debian - Connect To Informix Database

Can anyone point me toward information on setting up a Debian server ODBC connection to an Informix server? I have a Windows server set up with the Informix drivers in ODBC and I'd like to do the same thing on Debian so that my Rails apps can query the database beneath our call-logging software. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badmoon75
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off pause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)							 1						       PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)

PDO_INFORMIX DSN - Connecting to Informix databases

The  PDO_INFORMIX  Data Source Name (DSN) is based on the Informix ODBC DSN string. Details on configuring an Informix ODBC DSN are avail-
       able from the Informix Dynamic Server Information Center. The major components of the PDO_INFORMIX DSN are:

o DSN prefix
		- The DSN prefix is informix:.

o DSN
		- The DSN can be either a data source setup using odbc.ini or a complete connection string.

Example #1

PDO_INFORMIX DSN example using odbc.ini

The following example shows a PDO_INFORMIX DSN for connecting to an Informix database cataloged as Infdrv33 in odbc.ini:

$db = new PDO("informix:DSN=Infdrv33", "", "");

[ODBC Data Sources]
	      Infdrv33=INFORMIX 3.3 32-BIT

[Infdrv33]
	      Driver=/opt/informix/csdk_2.81.UC1G2/lib/cli/iclis09b.so
	      Description=INFORMIX 3.3 32-BIT
	      Database=common_db
	      LogonID=testuser
	      pwd=testpass
	      Servername=ids_server
	      DB_LOCALE=en_US.819
	      OPTIMIZEAUTOCOMMIT=1
	      ENABLESCROLLABLECURSORS=1

Example #2

PDO_INFORMIX DSN example using a connection string

The following example shows a PDO_INFORMIX DSN for connecting to an Informix database named common_db using the Informix connection
	      string syntax.

$db = new PDO("informix:host=host.domain.com; service=9800;
		  database=common_db; server=ids_server; protocol=onsoctcp;
		  EnableScrollableCursors=1", "testuser", "tespass");

PHP Documentation Group 												       PDO_INFORMIX-DSN(3)