Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split string with multibyte delimiter Post 65506 by zazzybob on Sunday 6th of March 2005 05:50:58 AM
Old 03-06-2005
I'd probably do something like the following with awk (this is from an interactive session)
Code:
$ echo "abcd-efgh-ijkl" | awk '{
>   n = split ( $0, a, "-efgh-" )
>   for ( i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) {     
>      printf( "Element %d is %s\n", i, a[ i ] );
>   }
> }'
Element 1 is abcd
Element 2 is ijkl
$

Obviously, change the regex in the split to whatever you need it to be.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk split doesn't work for empty delimiter

Does anyone know how will I make awk's split work with empty or null separator/delimiter? echo ABCD | awk '{ split($0,arr,""); print arr; }' I need output like: A B C D I am under HP-UX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files using split with a delimiter

I have a directory of files that I need to rename by splitting the first and second halves of the filenames using the delimiter "-O" and then renaming with the second half first, followed by two underscores and then the first half. For example, natfinal1995annvol1_14.pdf -O filenum-20639 will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimulator
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a string with no delimiter

Hi; I want to write a shell script that will split a string with no delimiter. Basically the script will read a line from a file. For example the line it read from the file contains: 99234523 These values are never the same but the length will always be 8. How do i split this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint34
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split record based on delimiter

Hi, My inputfile contains field separaer is ^. 12^inms^ 13^fakdks^ssk^s3 23^avsd^ 13^fakdks^ssk^a4 I wanted to print only 2 delimiter occurence i.e 12^inms^ 23^avsd^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file by delimiter with csplit

Hello, I want to split a big file into smaller ones with certain "counts". I am aware this type of job has been asked quite often, but I posted again when I came to csplit, which may be simpler to solve the problem. Input file (fasta format): >seq1 agtcagtc agtcagtc ag >seq2 agtcagtcagtc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files using delimiter

Hi, I have a file which has many URLs delimited by space. Now i want them to move to separate files each one holding 10 URLs per file. http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/guardian http://abdera.apache.org/ http://abdera.apache.org/docs/api/index.html I have used the below code to arrange... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to target certain delimiter to split text file?

Hi, all. I have an input file. I would like to generate 3 types of output files. Input: LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd_1000560 LG10_PM_map_6-1_27101856 LG10_PM_map_71_REnd_20597718 LG12_PM_map_5_chr_118419232 LG13_PM_map_121_24341052 LG14_PM_1a_456799 LG1_MM_scf_5a_opt_abc_9029993 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split string on single quote as delimiter

I have a variable that contains the following string: FPATH=-rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 7 13:14 /app/F11.3/app/cust/exe/filename1.exe' -rw-rw-r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 19 10:09 /app/app/F11.3/app/cust/sql/33211.sql' -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 dba 0 Aug 6 17:20 /app/F11.2/app/01/mrt/file1.mrt' I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
OWL
::DirectSemantics::Element::FunctionalObjectProperty(User Contributed Perl DocumentOWL::DirectSemantics::Element::FunctionalObjectProperty(3pm) NAME
OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::FunctionalObjectProperty - represents an OWL FunctionalObjectProperty DESCRIPTION
This class represents the FunctionalObjectProperty element in OWL Direct Semantics. This class inherits from OWL::DirectSemantics::Element. It does the OWL::DirectSemantics::Writer::FunctionalSyntax and OWL::DirectSemantics::Writer::Dump roles. Attributes "annotations" A list of annotations associated with this object. The value is a ArrayRef. "prop" The property. The value is a RDF::Trine::Node. This is a required attribute. SEE ALSO
OWL::DirectSemantics, OWL::DirectSemantics::Element. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2011-2012 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 OWL::DirectSemantics::Element::FunctionalObjectProperty(3pm)