Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing command line parameters to functions - sh Post 65481 by Perderabo on Saturday 5th of March 2005 02:10:33 PM
Old 03-05-2005
$@ and $* are absolutely identical in effect. You must surround them in double quotes to exploit the difference.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing parameters to sleep command

Hi, Can any one help me with an example how to use Sleep command with parameters thanx, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagaraju_svs
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Passing SSH Command Parameters

On Solaris 5.9, is there any way to pass parameter(s), via SSH, to a command defined in the remote host's authorized_keys file? We have a menu that uses SSH to control some apps on our various hosts. I've been tasked with enhancing it and making it more secure. So far, the local host menu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PabloCruise77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing SSH Command Parameters

Hi, I wan to pass arguments to remote script in Unix . For that I'm using ssh PFB the code I'm using: ssh -t -l osdac 10.81.33.51 "cd /appl/OSD/LOGS/flstr010/test.sh "$1" "$2"" Problem is I'm not able to pass second argument . Can anyone plz help me in resolving this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suchitasaner27
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line parameters

hi again question on how to change code so that script will prompt to enter parameter if they are missing. . . code I have so far : #!/bin/bash two="200" three=500 if ; then echo " first line parameter is $one " else echo -n " first parameter is missing , please write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2+ parameters to one command

I have a script that uses more than one parameter. It looks like this: for i in `cat /tmp/listofpolicies`; do for x in $(cat /tmp/lst |sed 's/^/\/usr\/openv\/netbackup\/db\/class\//g'); do /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplinclude $i -delete -f $x;done;done The problem is that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python passing multiple parameters to functions

Hi, I am a beginner in python programming. In my python script have a main function which calls several other functions. The main function gets its input by reading lines from a input text file. I call the main function for every line in input text file through a loop. def main(line): var1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
FDIM(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   FDIM(3)

NAME
fdim, fdimf, fdiml - positive difference SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double fdim(double x, double y); float fdimf(float x, float y); long double fdiml(long double x, long double y); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): fdimf(), fdiml(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || _ISOC99_SOURCE; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
These functions return the positive difference, max(x-y,0), between their arguments. RETURN VALUE
On success, these functions return the positive difference. If x or y is a NaN, a NaN is returned. If the result overflows, a range error occurs, and the functions return HUGE_VAL, HUGE_VALF, or HUGE_VALL, respectively. ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Range error: result overflow An overflow floating-point exception (FE_OVERFLOW) is raised. These functions do not set errno. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
C99, POSIX.1-2001. SEE ALSO
fmax(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2008-08-11 FDIM(3)