Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc Post 65463 by My_Name on Saturday 5th of March 2005 07:48:43 AM
Old 03-05-2005
beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages..
Here it is:
I have 3 files:
init.h <header>
init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h">
main.c <#include "init.h">

now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc?
( I have a hard time making the init.o)

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. Programming

dynamic linking in gcc

Hai Friends how to use dynamic library linking in gcc. I have create the library files and placed it in /lib directory and my program should refer to that library dynamically.. How do i do that.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

3. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors compiling gcc 4.2.1

Hello, I have never had a successful compile on the 2.6 kernel. On every arch in which I try to compile gcc I get either "i686-pc-cygwin-ar command not found or "i686-suse-linux-ar command not found. This always happens during the make process after configure checks for ar and finds it's just ar.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
2 Replies

5. Programming

gcc compiling with -DUSE_LONGLONG

Sorry for a silly question. I a program that need to compile with -DUSE_LONGLONG to turn on the long Int as the document of that program said so, but I really don't know how to do this. I normally do this: ./configure make make install and it works fine. But I don't know how to compile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

6. Programming

probs compiling with gcc + lpthread

Im trying to write a program atm which uses mutexes to control thread access to a certain code section ( the critical section). However, whenever I compile the code using gcc I get the following message from gcc Unresolved text symbol "pthread_mutex_lock" Unresolved text symbol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

7. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling and linking Shared Libraries.

I have one C program which contains a function call. I have been given some .so and .h files. I want to know how to compile and link the c program with .so files. I tried following: $ gcc My_program.c libCommon.so My_program.c: In function āmainā: My_program.c:11: warning: parameter names... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Problem compiling the kernel and linking problems in OpenSuse 12.3

Hi everyone I installed OpenSuse 12.3 and many development tools but when i propose build the kernel from the source (the first step make menuconfig) i saw this: HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/mconf /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: warning: libdl.so.2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library

First of all -- thanks for being patient with me. I hope I'm submitting this correctly. Also I haven't done UNIX Admin since the early 1990's. I'm actually a DBA. But, since I'm the one in the office with the UNIX experience, I'm the SA. I haven't been able to compile GCC 6.3.0 which I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
9 Replies
UPDATE-METAINIT(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					UPDATE-METAINIT(1)

NAME
update-metainit - Generates init scripts SYNOPSIS
update-metainit [--remove initname [--purge] ] DESCRIPTION
Metainit solves the problem of writing good init scripts. Instead of manually creating these important files, they are derived from a declaritive description in the metainit files in /etc/metainit. These files can be shipped with packages or created by the local adminis- trator. If update-metainit called without argument, it will regenerate init scripts for all the files in /etc/metainit. The generated files contain a large warning in form of a comment that they will be overridden. Modifications are preferably done in the files in /etc/metainit and made effective by running update-metainit. If needed, the administrator can prevent modified init files by removing the warning comment. OPTIONS
--remove initname This command will remove any generated and non-modified scripts that were created by the metainit file with the name initname. --purge Only usable with --remove. Will remove the generated files even if modified. SEE ALSO
dh_metainit(1) AUTHOR
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-07-30 UPDATE-METAINIT(1)