Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Private Lessons
Operating Systems Solaris Private Lessons Post 65316 by pressy on Friday 4th of March 2005 08:55:51 AM
Old 03-04-2005
i've closed this thread, this forum is a uncommercial free unix-forum. please respect our rules and don't try to hire our members. there are several INTERNETSITES you can do that but not here.

greetings PRESSY
your moderator

Last edited by pressy; 03-04-2005 at 10:51 AM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Lessons

I started wrting c lessons for absoulute begginers to advanced users, I think material can be considered quality, and my students learn programming with this stuff. If you wish feel free to start reading it here: www.visualcmaniac.com its only 5 lessons for now so maybe could be easier for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vurdlak
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The 5 Minute Management Course (Six Lessons)

Lesson 1: A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

vi/vim lessons 1 - 7

Basic Editing https://www.unix.com/members/neo-albums-forum-pics-picture525-vi-vim-tutorial-1-basic-editing.gif (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)