Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - boot CD not loading Post 65313 by forkart on Friday 4th of March 2005 08:46:49 AM
Old 03-04-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider123
I recently downloaded solaris 10 disk images and I am trying to load it onto my system. I cannot get the PC to load off of the disk 1 image. I created the disk using windows easy cd creator just like the download instructions said, but i get a boot failure. Smilie Any ideas??? ( BIOS ok !!! )

Thanks in advance! Smilie

Please try MagicISO, you can make bootable CD from bootable image with magiciso. It is a good ISO burner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading windows on a dual boot

I want to dual-boot Windows 98 and Redhat 7. My scheme for doing this is to partition into: A FAT32 partition for windows A Linux partition for root A swap partition A boot partition My question is: At what point do I setup windows on the FAT partition? Would I do it from the command line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading up Solaris OS

can someone point me to a good site that shows how to do this? i'm talking about loading solaris version 8 or 9. and i mean loadin it in real time, not on my personal pc. this is in regards to disaster recovery. any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 login Screen not loading

The system loads fine no errors on the system during boot. when it tries to start it goes to hostname % it does not show the login screen for the users. any help on this would be great. is the X11 not starting properly? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
16 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Login Screen Not Loading

I (think I) successfully installed Solaris 10 5/09 on the IDE hard drive of my computer using the 5 installation CDs I downloaded from the Sun website. But now when I boot from the IDE hard drive I think it boots successfully but It asks me for the root password or Ctrl+D to abort. When I give it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
5 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris reboots as it start loading

hello, my problem is the one of the title , as I press enter on Solaris voice in the grub, my computer reboots , is there an option, a flag ,I can add to the Solaris voice , that allow me to see where is the problem ? something that avoid the computer reboot on error? I can't find a way to know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Loading Kernel module at boot

Is there any link/tutorial on loading Solaris kernel modules at boot time?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisolin
0 Replies

8. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies
MKBOOTDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKBOOTDISK(8)

NAME
mkbootdisk - creates a stand-alone boot floppy for the running system SYNOPSIS
mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--verbose] [--device devicefile] [--size size] [--kernelargs <args>] [--iso] kernel DESCRIPTION
mkbootdisk creates a boot floppy appropriate for the running system. The boot disk is entirely self-contained, and includes an initial ramdisk image which loads any necessary SCSI modules for the system. The created boot disk looks for the root filesystem on the device sug- gested by /etc/fstab. The only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy. OPTIONS
--device devicefile The boot image is created on devicefile. If --device is not specified, /dev/fd0 is used. If devicefile does not exist mkinitrd cre- ates a 1.44Mb floppy image using devicefile as the filename. --noprompt Normally, mkbootdisk instructs the user to insert a floppy and waits for confirmation before continuing. If --noprompt is specified, no prompt is displayed. --verbose Instructs mkbootdisk to talk about what it's doing as it's doing it. Normally, there is no output from mkbootdisk. --iso Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile. --version Displays the version of mkbootdisk and exits. --kernelargs args Adds args to the arguments appended on the kernel command line. If this is not specified mkbootdisk uses grubby to parse the argu- ments for the default kernel from grub.conf, if possible. --size size Uses size (in kilobytes) as the size of the image to use for the boot disk. If this is not specified, mkbootdisk will assume a standard 1.44Mb floppy device. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) dracut(8) AUTHOR
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue Mar 31 1998 MKBOOTDISK(8)