Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change wallpaper in CDE
Operating Systems Solaris change wallpaper in CDE Post 65211 by antalexi on Thursday 3rd of March 2005 02:40:29 PM
Old 03-03-2005
You can put the pic in your default directory. Type 'pwd' (without the quotes) at your prompt. The path shown should be your default directory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wallpaper anyone?

we have a UNIX workstation using 'CDE' desktop manager, i'ts kind of dull seeing the same wallpaper all over again and again and again everyday. is it possible put my own wallpaper? how? i'm sure it is not similar with windows wherein you just put your bitmap file in the windows folder or is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi There, easy one for you. I am using Solaris 7 on my desktop at home and I don't want to invoke the CDE environment when I boot up. I want it to just boot up to the command line to save on memory. What do I have to do in order to do this? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to change CDE screen resolution?

I searched and found something about kdmconfig, but it's not installed. Isn't there an easy way to change the screen resolution in the CDE by right clicking or anything like that (like in Linux's KDE)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CDE password change on expiration

Hello, I am using Solaris 10 with CDE and like to change the behaviour of the login process. I have a user account that is configured for password aging. Currently, when his password expires, CDE prompts him to change his password when login in. What I'd like is that the user cannot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorfou
5 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wallpaper script

Have trouble picking a wallpaper. Let your computer pick for you. #!/bin/bash # (Change to your path to photos) Pictures='/home/josh/Pictures' ## Pick new image function pick_new_bg () { backgrounds=( $( < ~/.background_temp) ) num_backgrounds=${#backgrounds }... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Xml file wallpaper

Hello, I have a custom background in my Fedora 14 OS. which changes every 10 mins, I was able to edit an Xml file for this purpose. The structure of the Xml file looks as follows : <!-- This animation will start at time shown above. --> <static> <duration>600.0</duration> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies
exec_attr(4)							   File Formats 						      exec_attr(4)

NAME
exec_attr - execution profiles database SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/exec_attr DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/exec_attr is a local database that specifies the execution attributes associated with profiles. The exec_attr file can be used with other sources for execution profiles, including the exec_attr NIS map and NIS+ table. Programs use the getexecattr(3SECDB) rou- tines to access this information. The search order for multiple execution profile sources is specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file, as described in the nsswitch.conf(4) man page. The search order follows the entry for prof_attr(4). A profile is a logical grouping of authorizations and commands that is interpreted by a profile shell to form a secure execution environ- ment. The shells that interpret profiles are pfcsh, pfksh, and pfsh. See the pfsh(1) man page. Each user's account is assigned zero or more profiles in the user_attr(4) database file. Each entry in the exec_attr database consists of one line of text containing seven fields separated by colons (:). Line continuations using the backslash (fR) character are permitted. The basic format of each entry is: name:policy:type:res1:res2:id:attr name The name of the profile. Profile names are case-sensitive. policy The security policy that is associated with the profile entry. The valid policies are suser (standard Solaris superuser) and solaris. The solaris policy recognizes privileges (see privileges(5)); the suser policy does not. The solaris and suser policies can coexist in the same exec_attr database, so that Solaris releases prior to the current release can use the suser policy and the current Solaris release can use a solaris policy. solaris is a superset of suser; it allows you to specify privileges in addition to UIDs. Policies that are specific to the current release of Solaris or that contain privi- leges should use solaris. Policies that use UIDs only or that are not specific to the current Solaris release should use suser. type The type of object defined in the profile. There are two valid types: cmd and act. The cmd type specifies that the ID field is a command that would be executed by a shell. The act type is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. It specifies that the ID field is a CDE action that should be executed by the Trusted Extensions CDE action mechanism. res1 Reserved for future use. res2 Reserved for future use. id A string that uniquely identifies the object described by the profile. For a profile of type cmd, the id is either the full path to the command or the asterisk (*) symbol, which is used to allow all commands. An asterisk that replaces the filename component in a pathname indicates all files in a particular directory. To specify arguments, the pathname should point to a shell script that is written to execute the command with the desired argu- ment. In a Bourne shell, the effective UID is reset to the real UID of the process when the effective UID is less than 100 and not equal to the real UID. Depending on the euid and egid values, Bourne shell limitations might make other shells preferable. To prevent the effective UIDs from being reset to real UIDs, you can start the script with the -p option. #!/bin/sh -p If the Trusted Extensions feature is configured and the profile entry type is act, the id is either the fully qualified name of a CDE action, or an asterisk (*) representing a wildcard. A fully qualified CDE action is specified using the action name and four additional semicolon-separated fields. These fields can be empty but the semicolons are required. The fields in a CDE action are as follows: argclass Specifies the argument class (for example, FILE or SESSION.) Corresponds to ARG_CLASS for CDE actions. argtype Specifies the data type for the argument. Corresponds to ARG_TYPE for CDE actions. argmode Specifies the read or write mode for the argument. Corresponds to ARG_MODE for CDE actions. argcount Specifies the number of arguments that the action can accept. Corresponds to ARG_COUNT for CDE actions. attr An optional list of semicolon-separated (;) key-value pairs that describe the security attributes to apply to the object upon execution. Zero or more keys may be specified. The list of valid key words depends on the policy enforced. The following key words are valid: euid, uid, egid, gid, privs, and limitprivs. euid and uid contain a single user name or a numeric user ID. Commands designated with euid run with the effective UID indicated, which is similar to setting the setuid bit on an executable file. Commands designated with uid run with both the real and effec- tive UIDs. Setting uid may be more appropriate than setting the euid on privileged shell scripts. egid and gid contain a single group name or a numeric group ID. Commands designated with egid run with the effective GID indi- cated, which is similar to setting the setgid bit on a file. Commands designated with gid run with both the real and effective GIDs. Setting gid may be more appropriate than setting guid on privileged shell scripts. privs contains a privilege set which will be added to the inheritable set prior to running the command. limitprivs contains a privilege set which will be assigned to the limit set prior to running the command. privs and limitprivs are only valid for the solaris policy. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using Effective User ID The following example shows the audit command specified in the Audit Control profile to execute with an effective user ID of root(0): Audit Control:suser:cmd:::/usr/sbin/audit:euid=0 FILES
/etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/user_attr /etc/security/exec_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availibility |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command-line syntax is Committed. The output is Uncommitted. CAVEATS
When deciding which authorization source to use (see DESCRIPTION), keep in mind that NIS+ provides stronger authentication than NIS. Because the list of legal keys is likely to expand, any code that parses this database must be written to ignore unknown key-value pairs without error. When any new keywords are created, the names should be prefixed with a unique string, such as the company's stock symbol, to avoid potential naming conflicts. The following characters are used in describing the database format and must be escaped with a backslash if used as data: colon (:), semi- colon (;), equals (=), and backslash (fR). SEE ALSO
auths(1), dtaction(1), profiles(1), roles(1), sh(1), makedbm(1M), getauthattr(3SECDB), getauusernam(3BSM), getexecattr(3SECDB), getpro- fattr(3SECDB), getuserattr(3SECDB), kva_match(3SECDB), auth_attr(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Mar 2006 exec_attr(4)