Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sybase connection through shell-script Post 65055 by Amitabh on Thursday 3rd of March 2005 06:30:34 AM
Old 03-03-2005
sybase connection through shell-script

Smilie how do i connect to sybase through shell script written in linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote sybase connection and php error.

Hi all, I am trying to connect to a remote sybase database server (sitting on windows) from my freebsd apache webserver. My Webserver has installed; Apache2.0 PHP 4.3.8 Freetds with ODBC enables ( tsql works but isql doesnt ) unixODBC syabse-ocsd When i connect with tsql from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to sybase via shell script.

Hi All, I was able to connect to sybase in shell script and also able to run few sql queries, something like this, #!/usr/bin/ksh -x temp=`echo "select name from sysobjects where type = 'U'"` results=`isql -SDS_SERVER-UAdhocUser -Pha12 <<EOF set rowcount 6 $temp go EOF` line_count=0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to authenticate sybase login thru shell script ?

Hi All, This is my first post. Need your favour guys. I need to authenticate syabse login/password thru shell script. I am getting the ID & Pwd form user and storing it in variable.. But how to authenticate and echo user back if the id/pwd doesnt work. isql -U$1 -P$2 -S$3 ?? thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Connection Issue

I am trying this >$ /usr/sybase/bin/isql -UABC -Pdef -SXYZ -b Getting the following error. Help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Sybase SP output in Shell Script

Greetings, I need to capture the output of a Sybase stored procedure, inside my shell script( k shell). Based on this output, I need to call another perl script, with input arguments as the result set of the procedure execution. I need to keep looping through and call the perl script, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Shell Script from Within a Sybase Stored Proc

Greetings, I need to make an open server call to a shell script from inside a Sybase Stored procedure. Coul any one please provide a sample code? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sybase Connectivity Check through Shell Script

Hi, I need to check the sysbase database connectivity through the Unix Shell Script. Can you help me on the how to write the script to test the sysbase database connection. Thanks in Advance Nandha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandha2387
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase connection failing through shell script

Hi All, I'm trying to connect to Sybase via shell script. i'm getting the following error. Please let me know where i'm going wrong. Note that i'm not having this issue when connecting via terminal. #!/usr/bin/bash SYBASE=/usr/sybase ISQL=$SYBASE/bin/isql export SYBASE ISQL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract top 20 records from sybase db in shell script

Hi, I am new to advanced scripting. I need to get top 20 records from database (Sybase) with a condition that all Char/varchar columns should have more than 4 characters. I need to do this via shell scripting, I have got half logic (on how to get varchar/char columns and stored it in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
2 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)