Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase hard disk data
Operating Systems AIX Erase hard disk data Post 65054 by mazouari on Thursday 3rd of March 2005 05:58:48 AM
Old 03-03-2005
Hi,

Normally all versions of AIX support the ' diag' commande, except if there are filesets that miss to your system you can verify by the control:
#lslpp -l bos.dig. *
you must have some things as:
#> lslpp -l bos.diag *
Fileset Level State Description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
bos.diag.com 4.3.3.81 COMMITTEDS Common Hardware Diagnoses
bos.diag.rte 4.3.3.83 COMMITTED Hardware Diagnoses
bos.diag.util 4.3.3.80 COMMITTEDS Hardware Diagnoses Utilitieses

Path: /etc/objrepos
bos.diag.com 4.3.3.75 COMMITTEDS Common Hardware Diagnoses
bos.diag.rte 4.3.3.83 COMMITTED Hardware Diagnoses
bos.diag.util 4.3.3.75 COMMITTEDS Hardware Diagnoses Utilitieses
if not you must install them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

3. AIX

Erase hard disk

Hi ... How to erase bootable hard disk in Pseries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

4. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

5. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to erase tape data in unix V4.0 D?

hi! my computer is... System: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB OS: Digital Unix Console (SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D how to erase tape data? I tried with mt erase but no success. My tape is 120m. So, how can i erase tape? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
BOS_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						       BOS_HELP(8)

NAME
bos_help - Displays help for bos commands SYNOPSIS
bos help [-topic <help string>+] [-help] bos h [-t <help string>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each command operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every bos command. To list every bos command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the bos apropos command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string>+ Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the bos part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify status, not bos status). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every bos command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The online help entry for each bos command consists of the following two or three lines: o The first line names the command and briefly describes its function. o The second line lists aliases for the command, if any. o The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document. EXAMPLES
The following command displays the online help entry for the bos status command: % bos help status bos status: show server instance status Usage: bos status -server <machine name> [-instance <server process name>+] [-long] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
bos(8), bos_apropos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_HELP(8)