Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of $ in directory names
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Use of $ in directory names Post 6503 by pkappaz on Wednesday 5th of September 2001 11:15:15 PM
Old 09-06-2001
Thanks so much. That worked. The directory was created by a vendor, so I have no control over it. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory names in a flat file

Hi, Consider a flat file abc.conf contains some rows. Each row contains the directory name with full path. now I want to find a particular file in every directory which are mentioned in the abc.conf file. How it can be done through unix shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort directory names and use only last?

I need help writing a bash script for the windows cygwin environment. I'm not sure if bash is the optimal tool. Perhaps perl would be better? Either would work. I have directories whose names include the date they were created. The directory names are in the format of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through directory and extract sub directory names

I am trying to loop through folders and extract the name of the lowest level subfolder I was running the script below, it returns /bb/bin/prd/newyork /bb/bin/prd/london /bb/bin/prd/tokyo I really want newyork london tokyo I couldn't find a standard variable for the lowest level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: personalt
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directory with same names and different inode no

I am having a problem where i have two directories with same name and different inode number.I want to get rid of newer one but not sure how should i? Because when i change directory i am not sure where i get in and what i am removing:wall: root@server # ls -lia |grep us000xyz_R5 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing multiple directory names

Hi guys, I have lots of files that look like: ABC.packed.dir DEF.packed.dir GHI.packed.dir etc... I would like them to have more of the usual naming convention ABC DEF GHI etc... so I was thinking that I could: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atjurhs
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through directory names

Some guidance is highly appreciated. I have 10 directories with names ending with 'xyz', each of them have about 30000 files. I want to loop through the contents of each directory and produce a single output per directory. So I want to have 10 output files named 'directory_name'_out. With... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit names of files in a directory

Hi all, I have a directory with multiple (thousnads) of files, which are named this way ABCDEF.wo.im-1 OKRAME.ire.roi IOJEAFO01.irt.gfg IMNYBL05.REG.gkf I would like to keep the part of the name (everything before the first dot in the filename). The desired output: ABCDEF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
3 Replies
RADIUS_PUT_VENDOR_ADDR(3)						 1						 RADIUS_PUT_VENDOR_ADDR(3)

radius_put_vendor_addr - Attaches a vendor specific IP address attribute

SYNOPSIS
bool radius_put_vendor_addr (resource $radius_handle, int $vendor, int $type, string $addr) DESCRIPTION
Attaches an IP address vendor specific attribute to the current RADIUS request. Note A request must be created via radius_create_request(3) before this function can be called. PARAMETERS
o $radius_handle -The RADIUS resource. o $vendor -The vendor ID. o $type -The attribute type. o $addr - An IPv4 address in string form, such as 10.0.0.1. o $options -A bitmask of the attribute options. The available options include RADIUS_OPTION_TAGGED and RADIUS_OPTION_SALT. o $tag -The attribute tag. This parameter is ignored unless the RADIUS_OPTION_TAGGED option is set. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------------+-----------------------------------------------+ |PECL radius 1.3.0 | | | | | | | The $options and $tag parameters were added. | | | | +------------------+-----------------------------------------------+ PHP Documentation Group RADIUS_PUT_VENDOR_ADDR(3)