Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase hard disk data
Operating Systems AIX Erase hard disk data Post 64740 by jyoung on Wednesday 2nd of March 2005 08:39:47 AM
Old 03-02-2005
We drill holes through our hard drives for old PC's.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

3. AIX

Erase hard disk

Hi ... How to erase bootable hard disk in Pseries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

4. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

5. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to erase tape data in unix V4.0 D?

hi! my computer is... System: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB OS: Digital Unix Console (SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D how to erase tape data? I tried with mt erase but no success. My tape is 120m. So, how can i erase tape? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7) 				      Pacemaker Configuration					   OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_HealthSMART - SMART health status SYNOPSIS
OCF_RESKEY_state=string OCF_RESKEY_drives=string OCF_RESKEY_temp_lower_limit=string OCF_RESKEY_temp_upper_limit=string HealthSMART [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Systhem health agent that checks the S.M.A.R.T. status of the given drives and updates the #health-smart attribute. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_state = string [/var/run//health-smart-{OCF_RESOURCE_INSTANCE}.state] State file Location to store the resource state in. OCF_RESKEY_drives = string [sda] Drives to check The drives to check as a SPACE separated list. Enter only the part after the "/dev/" i.e. "sda". At the moment /dev/sda is hard coded. Sorry. OCF_RESKEY_temp_lower_limit = string [0] Lower limit for the temperature of the drive(s) Lower limit of the temperature in deg C of the drive(s). Below this limit there status will be red. The yellow limit is 5 deg C more than this value. OCF_RESKEY_temp_upper_limit = string [60] Upper limit for red smart attribute Upper limit of the temperature if deg C of the drives(s). If the drive reports a temperature higher than this value the status of #health-smart will be red. The yellow limit is 5 deg C below this value. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 07/05/2010 OCF_PACEMAKER_HEALTH(7)