Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BDF test for > 90%
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers BDF test for > 90% Post 6454 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of September 2001 07:21:44 AM
Old 09-05-2001
Perl, sed, or awk are all either UNIX command line utilities or can be used in command line mode. So, they are all UNIX commands. What we described is how things are done in the UNIX enviroment. UNIX is not point and click (which translated to slow and buggy), it is crisp and robust.

You must learn UNIX command line utilities to perform UNIX system administration (or hire people who do).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

df and bdf discrepencies

I've recently had some space problems on one of our old HP9000 machines. I archived/moved/compressed/trashed some stuff to free up some space on one rather large (and important) logical volume. As one would expect, when `df -b` is executed some space is shown as free: /opt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

bdf , /etc/fstab , /etc/mnttab

Hi all, Would like to know if it is possible to rearrange the order that mounts are displayed when the 'bdf' command is issued. An example of what I mean is, currently I see the following ... $ bdf -l Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 524288 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bdf question

Hi all i am working on script which uses "bdf" output to create excel sheet now when i check "Total" "Used" & "Available" i found that except root everywhere used + available != total here is example : part from bdf output : filesystem-total-used-available-%used-Mounted on ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bdf error

I have this line in a sh script: bdf | grep /var/opt/vgdb | tr -s " " | cut -f4,6 -d" " | awk '{print $2" "$1}' > vgdb_free_space.txt if I run that line in the shell it works fine but when I ran the script got this error: add_database_files.sh: line 83: bdf: command not found also I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|KiLLeR|S
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bdf output

Here is my bdf output #bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 217112 1865424 10% / /dev/vg00/lvol1 1835008 329040 1494288 18% /stand /dev/vg00/lvol7 10485760 7864080 2601240 75% /var /dev/vg00/lvol8 8454144 486597 7469647 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a BDF script...

Hi, I'm trying to use an old script I found of the internet a while back, I forget where its from. Its supposed to convert the bdf function and display filesystem size in MB's and line it up however it never worked... Here is the error: And here is the code: #!/usr/bin/sh echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

bdf hangs

hi, bdf command hangs but before it, it lists all the fstab content, so i cannot find the reason... could anybody give me any clue?? thanks a lot for your attention. regards Pablo i attach syslog Jan 14 16:30:00 sv23 vmunix: hp_dlpi_wput:Received an unrecognized primitive: 101d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Bdf in HP-UX

Hi guys, I have to make an output of several databases we've got running on our system with the command bdf. This has to be done every 3 months. I want to put it in an scriptfile and trigger it in crontab. In the output it must display the differences in diskspace between these three monts. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djmental
3 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)