Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shared Objects
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shared Objects Post 64483 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 1st of March 2005 05:06:30 PM
Old 03-01-2005
... or 'nm'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Runtime Linking shared Objects

I'm runtime linking (dlopen and dlsym) to a shared object (library) I've created and after a number of function calls into the library the program core dumps (Illegal operation). This only occurs during runtime linking. If I use the same library and dynamically link during compile time everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dneely
3 Replies

2. Programming

Shared memory and C++ Objects (cont)

I asked the next question in a former thread : Can I safely share objects that have virtual functions (i.e. have virtual function table pointers) between two processes ? Where will the pointers point to in each process ? The objects are supposed to reside in shared memory I received a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
6 Replies

3. Programming

Linking with shared objects

hi all ! Do I need all the shared objects to be present while compiling my code which has reference to a only one shared object, which in turn refers to another shared object. for example I want to compile example.c which refers to sample.so sample.so has refrence to anothersample.so do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared Objects

Hi. Does anyone know by how much a text size of an executable(on ibm) would grow if you link one shared object(library)? Is it a constant number or it depends on a .so that is linked? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yura
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

debugging shared objects

Hi, i am trying to debug a binary which is using a shared lib. but i could not succeed in tracking the code flow in the classes defined in this library. i get: class MyClass <opaque> error i followed the instructions in the link below:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
0 Replies

6. AIX

Wrong Shared objects getting loaded

I have two envoirmets(Envoirment A and Envoirment B) running on same server(AIX vesion 5.3).Both have different groups.I am facing a strange problem.Shared objects of one envoirment (Envoirment A)are getting loaded into the second(Envoirment B).So the servers that have dependency on shared objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin@tcs
2 Replies

7. Programming

g++ with -frepo and shared objects...

G'day, I have been working with a large application that makes extensive use of templates. When compiled under Unix (with g++), this sees some rather impressive bloat. I have been trying to make a temporary quick-fix by using the -frepo option, which results in dramatically smaller shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

8. Programming

Creation and Accessing Shared Objects (.so)

Hi, I am looking for references about creating and accessing Shared Objects (.so) through C/C++ on Unix / Linux platforms. Is it possible and where can I find the info. Thanks Phil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil nascimento
1 Replies

9. Linux

Make file for shared objects

dear Experts, please help, actually i am trying to create a .so(shared object through make file through ld) i am not understaning how to proceed i have tried like through command like i can do it in 2 step like my progam :test2.c $gcc -fPIC -c test2.c $ld -shared -soname test2.so -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared objects -urgent please help me out

Hi All...... I have my tool in my one server lets say E1 and same tool I tried to install in E2 server so everything is fine but, while executing the my tool for example... $ ./batch At that time Im getting this following error. ./batch: error while loading shared libraries: libqabwvcd.so:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
3 Replies
AR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     AR(1)

NAME
ar - archive and library maintainer SYNOPSIS
ar key [ posname ] afile name ... DESCRIPTION
Ar maintains groups of files combined into a single archive file. Its main use is to create and update library files as used by the loader. It can be used, though, for any similar purpose. Key is one character from the set drqtpmx, optionally concatenated with one or more of vuaibcl. Afile is the archive file. The names are constituent files in the archive file. The meanings of the key characters are: d Delete the named files from the archive file. r Replace the named files in the archive file. If the optional character u is used with r, then only those files with modified dates later than the archive files are replaced. If an optional positioning character from the set abi is used, then the posname argument must be present and specifies that new files are to be placed after (a) or before (b or i) posname. Otherwise new files are placed at the end. q Quickly append the named files to the end of the archive file. Optional positioning characters are invalid. The command does not check whether the added members are already in the archive. Useful only to avoid quadratic behavior when creating a large archive piece-by-piece. t Print a table of contents of the archive file. If no names are given, all files in the archive are tabled. If names are given, only those files are tabled. p Print the named files in the archive. m Move the named files to the end of the archive. If a positioning character is present, then the posname argument must be present and, as in r, specifies where the files are to be moved. x Extract the named files. If no names are given, all files in the archive are extracted. In neither case does x alter the archive file. v Verbose. Under the verbose option, ar gives a file-by-file description of the making of a new archive file from the old archive and the constituent files. When used with t, it gives a long listing of all information about the files. When used with p, it precedes each file with a name. c Create. Normally ar will create afile when it needs to. The create option suppresses the normal message that is produced when afile is created. l Local. Normally ar places its temporary files in the directory /tmp. This option causes them to be placed in the local directory. FILES
/tmp/v* temporaries SEE ALSO
ld(1), ar(5), lorder(1) BUGS
If the same file is mentioned twice in an argument list, it may be put in the archive twice. AR(1)