Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apache@localhost.localdomain
Operating Systems Linux apache@localhost.localdomain Post 64459 by qfwfq on Tuesday 1st of March 2005 03:19:59 PM
Old 03-01-2005
apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello,

I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get :

To : myemail@host.com
Subject : Mail
Date : Mon, 28 feb 2005
Message ...

How can I configure apache to use my own email, so user will get my mail instead of apache@localhost.localdomain.

I know there is a way to do it using some option in my php form, but looking for the best and definitive solution. My php form do not let me change any option so I am stuck.

Tkx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding LocalHost IP Address

I am writing a program that need to be run on several machines. I am running UNIX and wanted to know if there is a command similar to ipconfig (in DOS) that would return the IP Address of the machine that I am working on. (Not just the loopback address of 127.0.0.1). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache localhost-access.log

The localhost-access.log has a size 3gb. What can apache2 break log on the parts 300mb, or the other issue, make log every week and index it with prifix current date(localhost-access_date.log)? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

6. Web Development

I need apache to serve images from localhost instead of appserver

I have an apache/2.2.15 server centos 6.3 The apache server will be serving jboss app via mod_proxy (got that working) But... I need to serve the images from a local directory on the apache server. Here is my configuration. When I got to the site, I get 404s for all the images. What am I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Timeout: No Response from localhost

Hi All! I having an issue when trying to run snmpwalk, so the following command it returns an error: bash-3.00# /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost sysDescr.0 Timeout: No Response from localhost bash-3.00# I have checked also: bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep sma online ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

8. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find localhost

I get a "not found" error from this localhost/choice.php ethan@meow:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.036 m and this ethan@meow:~$ mysql -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet failed to localhost.

Hi, I am trying telnet to localhost 514. But the connection is refusing. Port does not appear in netstat. IP table service is also off. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
5 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)							 xdg-email Manual						      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri | address(es)] xdg-email {--help | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHORS
Kevin Krammer Author. Jeremy White Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 xdg-utils 1.0 08/18/2014 XDG-EMAIL(1)