Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quad Booting...
Operating Systems BSD Quad Booting... Post 64080 by jboswell on Saturday 26th of February 2005 05:08:30 PM
Old 02-26-2005
Quad Booting...

Ok so currently I have XP and Slack booting on my laptop, the next two goals will be FreeBSD and Windows Server 2003, in that order (though I may need to start over and do server before unix/linux.

Either way, how I got linux interacting nicely with XP was via this link:

http://bratlady.com/linux_boot.shtml

One of the catches is I am using the Windows Boot manager, so the key to getting linux to work was this part of the deal:

dd if=/dev/hdc2 of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

Which I sorta went with, I have no idea what the file it creates really does nor even what the command itself executes, I know what they tell me on that site "rip the bootsector from our Linux root partition", so thats easy to understand right?

So now I suppose the question is, how do I accomplish the same thing with FreeBSD 5.3 so I can just plug the file into the windows boot loader and get it booting to it correctly?

Thanks,

J

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10?

I am having a problem getting my configuration to stick. After I installed my quad-card I did the following: 1. created hostname.qe0, hostname.qe1, hostname.qe2, hostname.qe3 files in my /etc directory. 2. In my /etc/hosts file I added the ip address of each interface and the name for each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Quad or Duel Processors

Which hardware configuration gives you the best though put for processing? 1.) Quad CPU at 2 GHZ 2.) Dual CPU at 3 GHZ and More Memory. We currently have setup #1, I want to upgrade the server and I am investigating hardware configurations. Wanted to know if set #1 gives better though put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gar stupid quad booting

well running win xp home win xp pro and linux suse 10 about to install freebsd 5.1 just wondering what problems :mad: im gonna have and any handy tips :rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lord_of_pie
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Quad Ethernet

I have a Quad Ethernet card in a 220R. 2 ports activated. Each has its own hostname file and both hostnames are in the hosts file. I want both ports to have the same IP address so we can use the 2nd port in case we lose communication on the port. On bootup, the box gives me: SIOCSLIFFLAGS:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
5 Replies

5. Solaris

quad card configuration

Hi Group, I Have just installed quad card in my V440 machine, I am facing problem I cn just ping its ce0 card only rest of the cards are not ping able, here is details of my machine. ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
2 Replies

6. Solaris

SunFire V440 Quad gigabit ce1 won't run Gig

Hi there. My first time posting so apologies for any indescretions in advance. :o I've got two SunFire V440 servers running Solaris 5v10. Both have a quad Gigabit ethernet card fitted, both have the same symptom; that is, I can't get the first port ce1 to run Gigabit. Motherboard ports are ce0 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fixit9660
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if it is single, dual or quad rank. Anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
2 Replies
Mojo::IOLoop::Server(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mojo::IOLoop::Server(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::IOLoop::Server - Non-blocking TCP server SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::IOLoop::Server; # Create listen socket my $server = Mojo::IOLoop::Server->new; $server->on(accept => sub { my ($server, $handle) = @_; ... }); $server->listen(port => 3000); # Start and stop accepting connections $server->start; $server->stop; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::IOLoop::Server accepts TCP connections for Mojo::IOLoop. EVENTS
Mojo::IOLoop::Server can emit the following events. "accept" $server->on(accept => sub { my ($server, $handle) = @_; ... }); Emitted safely for each accepted connection. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::IOLoop::Server implements the following attributes. "accepts" my $accepts = $server->accepts; $server = $server->accepts(10); Number of connections to accept at once, defaults to 10. "reactor" my $reactor = $server->reactor; $server = $server->reactor(Mojo::Reactor::Poll->new); Low level event reactor, defaults to the "reactor" attribute value of the global Mojo::IOLoop singleton. METHODS
Mojo::IOLoop::Server inherits all methods from Mojo::EventEmitter and implements the following new ones. "listen" $server->listen(port => 3000); Create a new listen socket. Note that TLS support depends on IO::Socket::SSL and IPv6 support on IO::Socket::INET6. These options are currently available: "address" Local address to listen on, defaults to all. "backlog" Maximum backlog size, defaults to "SOMAXCONN". "port" Port to listen on. "tls" Enable TLS. "tls_ca" Path to TLS certificate authority file. "tls_cert" Path to the TLS cert file, defaults to a built-in test certificate. "tls_key" Path to the TLS key file, defaults to a built-in test key. "generate_port" my $port = $server->generate_port; Find a free TCP port, this is a utility function primarily used for tests. "start" $server->start; Start accepting connections. "stop" $server->stop; Stop accepting connections. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::IOLoop::Server(3pm)