Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tutorial forum?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Tutorial forum? Post 64013 by Neo on Friday 25th of February 2005 11:13:09 PM
Old 02-26-2005
The mods are discussing your requests. Sorry, we have been a bit busy with Gollum lately.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tk tutorial

Anyone know any good website with a step by step instructions on writing Perl GUI scripts with Tk ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX useful tutorial...

hi guys, I want to learn AIX, I am a beginner for this operating system of IBM. Can anyone give me some useful tutorial for a beginner like me?... Thanks... + GOD bless + ^_^ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TechReader
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why do I need this in the script tutorial?

I'm taking a tutorial - intro to Unix Shell Scripting - and the first exercise is a walk-through of writing a script to achieve the following: "As a network administrator you are collecting configuration information about all FTP servers in the organisation. You need to write a script to collect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
6 Replies

4. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Video Tutorial: How to Use Code Tags

How to Use Code Tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums Developer: This video tutorial was created by scott for forum users. Everyone should use code tags when posting code and command line logic in the forums. cPF45jjWe7Q A full list of BB codes is available here. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
12 Replies
XkbSARedirectVMods(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					     XkbSARedirectVMods(3)

NAME
XkbSARedirectVMods - Returns the vmods0 and vmods1 fields of act converted to an unsigned int SYNOPSIS
unsigned int XkbSARedirectVMods (XkbRedirectKeyAction act); ARGUMENTS
- act action from which to extract vmods DESCRIPTION
Actions associated with the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure generate KeyPress and KeyRelease events containing a keycode different from the key that was pressed or released. The type field for the XkbRedirectKeyAction structure should always be XkbSA_RedirectKey. Key presses cause a KeyPress event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state reported in this event reports the current effective modifiers changed as follows: any real modifiers selected by the mods_mask field are set to corresponding values from the mods field. Any real modifiers bound to the virtual modifiers specified by the vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields are either set or cleared, depending on the correspond- ing values in the vmods0 and vmods1 fields. If the real and virtual modifier definitions specify conflicting values for a single modifier, the real modifier definition has priority. Key releases cause a KeyRelease event for the key specified by the new_key field instead of the actual key. The state for this event con- sists of the effective keyboard modifiers at the time of the release, changed as described previously. The XkbSA_RedirectKey action normally redirects to another key on the same device as the key that caused the event, unless that device does not belong to the input extension KeyClass, in which case this action causes an event on the core keyboard device. (The input extension categorizes devices by breaking them into classes. Keyboards, and other input devices with keys, are classified as KeyClass devices by the input extension.) The vmods_mask0 and vmods_mask1 fields actually represent one vmods_mask value. Xkb provides macros to convert between the two formats. XkbSARedirectVModsMask returns the vmods0 and vmods1 fields of act converted to an unsigned int. STRUCTURES
typedef struct_XkbRedirectKeyAction { unsigned char type; /* XkbSA_RedirectKey */ unsigned char new_key; /* keycode to be put in event */ unsigned char mods_mask; /* mask of real mods to be reset */ unsigned char mods; /* mask of real mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods_mask0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods_mask1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to be reset */ unsigned char vmods0; /* first half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ unsigned char vmods1; /* other half of mask of virtual mods to take values from */ } XkbRedirectKeyAction; X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbSARedirectVMods(3)