Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't telnet
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users can't telnet Post 6385 by kburrows on Tuesday 4th of September 2001 04:08:53 PM
Old 09-04-2001
thanks, here it is
telnet /usr/sbin/telnetd telnetd -a active

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal

I'm completely new to Unix, but familiar with Mac OSX. I've just discovered the command line terminal feature of this new OS and I'm trying to learn how to telnet into my host's server to change permissions to allow executable cgi scripts for my website. Is there anyone who might be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tylerl
2 Replies

3. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In Telnet I can't type anything in password!

I Need Help with Telnet when I login to telnet I type in my Unix user name and then I push ENTER and I can't type anything in password. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Campkin@Hunt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

8. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
krb5_auth_rules(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					krb5_auth_rules(5)

NAME
krb5_auth_rules - Overview of Kerberos V5 authorization DESCRIPTION
When a user uses kerberized versions of the ftp, rdist, rcp, rlogin, rsh, or telnet clients to connect to a server, even if the user's claimed Kerberos V5 identity is authenticated, the user is not necessarily authorized. Authentication merely proves that the user is "who he says he is" to the Kerberos V5 authentication system. Authorization also needs to be done, since it determines if that Kerberos identity is permitted to access the Solaris user account that the client wants to access. Each user may have a private authorization list in a file ~/.k5login in his login directory (on the server). Each line in this file should contain a Kerberos principal name of the form principal/instance@realm. If the server finds a ~/.k5login file, then access is granted to the account if and only if the originating user is authenticated to one of the principals named in the ~/.k5login file. If there is no ~/.k5login file, the originating user will then be checked against the gsscred table (see gsscred(1M)). If the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is in the gsscred table, and if the UNIX user id in the gsscred table corresponds to the user account the client is trying access, then the originating user is granted access to the account on the server. If the UNIX user id does not match, then the originating user is denied access. For example, suppose the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and the target account is jdb-user. If jdb@ENG.ACME.COM appears in the gsscred table with uid 23154 and if jdb-user appears in the user account database (see passwd(4)) with uid 23154, then access to account jdb-user is granted. Of course, normally, the target account name in this example would be jdb and not jdb-user. Finally, if there is no ~/.k5login file and if the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is not in the gsscred table, then the user will be granted access to the account if and only if all of the following are true: o The user part of the authenticated principal name is the same as the target account name specified by the client. o The realm part of the client and server are the same. o The target account name exists on the server. For example, if the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and if the server is in realm SALES.ACME.COM, then even if jdb is a valid account name on the server, the client would be denied access. This is because the realms SALES.ACME.COM and ENG.ACME.COM differ. FILES
~/.k5login Per user-account authorization file. /etc/passwd System account file. This information may also be in a directory service. See passwd(4). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), rcp(1), rdist(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), gsscred(1M), passwd(4), attributes(5), gss_auth_rules(5) NOTES
To avoid security problems, the ~/.k5login file must be owned by the remote user. SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 2004 krb5_auth_rules(5)