Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to check both the processores running or not in redhat linux Post 63768 by sssow on Friday 25th of February 2005 01:36:04 PM
Old 02-25-2005
You may want to use top utility and see if all the processors are used..It will list CPU usage of each processor

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat linux command to check Version

Hi All, I need to know RedHat linux version installed on a different servers. I know uname -a or /proc/version Is any other command to know the Linux version???? When we telnet to any of the Linux server, the version shows very clearly like Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check theip address on Redhat Linux 9

hi How to check theip address on Redhat Linux 9 ? I have installed a SUN VMWARE and created VM on Vista. I am on bash and is not able to check the ip of the system. can someone plz with command ( wit options if any ) Regards, Subhotech (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhotech
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

redhat 5.2 tikanga crond running but not reading crontab file

Issue:crond is running, can even restart it and /var/log/cron shows it starting. The /etc/crontab file is correct as compared to another machine. I set the crontab file to enter a datestamp into a file under /tmp every minute. Thing is, the crontab file is not being read or cron is not working... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robjmarquez
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i check the REDHAT details?

I am using lunix machine. I want to check if this is RED HAT 4 or higher version. How do i check this? The below output does not tell about REDHAT version. $ uname -a Linux chfdallindb11 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Aug 19 04:00:49 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

7. Linux

How to check a particular service is running on Linux?

We are using TeamSite application. Its a content management system application. How can I check if TeamSite service is running or not using ksh onn Linux platform ? On Windows its easy, I can do services.msc and entire list will come up. How to check it in Linux ? I tried using 'ps -ef', it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 not running in redhat 6.4

Hi guys, I really need your help with this. My network interface eth0 is up but not running. I checked udev rules and ifcfg-eth0 files to make sure the mac address are the same. It just would not come up. Please please I will really appreciate the help here. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine?

I have a machine which has 32 processor but i am really not sure how many threads are running. It has hyperthreading enabled. Is there a way i can find that all 32 processors are being used and how many threads are there in my linux box. Its a 64 bit processor. I am having very high load average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat check when package was updated

Is there a way to check when a package was updated on your redhat system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)