Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filesystems
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Filesystems Post 6355 by patvdv on Tuesday 4th of September 2001 10:54:54 AM
Old 09-04-2001
HTFS? I thought that was an OS/2 file system. Please confirm that both systems are UNIX systems. Also did you do the exportfs on the right system? Check the /etc/exports and see which options are used to export the file system, you may have to change IP addresses there (if used), then re-export again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

If you have multiple hard drives and multiple mounted filesystems, how can you tell which filesystem resides on which disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize filesystems

Dear All We have HP9000 rp7400 Server running with hp-ux 11i. Our Disk storage has two volume groups and are allocated as follows: 1. /#vgdisplay -v --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. AIX

Extending filesystems

Hi to all i want to increase the /usr size. but, it is mirrored on hdisk0 and hdisk1. i know that chfs will work, but i am not confident about mirroring. can anyone tell me the procedure. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. AIX

Filesystems cmd

hi is that any command to find out which filesystems occupying more process in cpu utilisation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

how to check the record of previously mounted remote filesystems after the filesystems are unmounted .operating system is solaris 10 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read only filesystems

hi guys suse 10.2 today some guys are adding some luns from a SAN so in order to add them I followed this command echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host1/issue_lip echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host<number>/scan nice now after that I tried to create a folder in / but it won't let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems using more than 75% capacity

i need to write a shell script for printing the list of filesystems whose disk utilization is more than 75%...i tried using df -h along with awk but cud'nt make the combination work.....:wall: when we do df -h then the filesystems which are using more than 75% capacity shud be printed according to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Clustering filesystems

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise How can I tell if "clustering" is being used in my shop? I have to file systems that are identical. These filesystems are nfs mounted. But how can I tell if they are being kept in sync as a result of clustering or some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
2 Replies
rpc.mountd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     rpc.mountd(8)

NAME
rpc.mountd - NFS mount daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd [options] DESCRIPTION
The rpc.mountd program implements the NFS mount protocol. When receiving a MOUNT request from an NFS client, it checks the request against the list of currently exported file systems. If the client is permitted to mount the file system, rpc.mountd obtains a file handle for requested directory and returns it to the client. Exporting NFS File Systems Making file systems available to NFS clients is called exporting. Usually, a file system and the hosts it should be made available to are listed in the /etc/exports file, and invoking exportfs -a whenever the system is booted. The exportfs(8) command makes export information available to both the kernel NFS server module and the rpc.mountd daemon. Alternatively, you can export individual directories temporarily using exportfs's host:/directory syntax. The rmtab File For every mount request received from an NFS client, rpc.mountd adds an entry to the /var/lib/nfs/rmtab file. When receiving an unmount request, that entry is removed. user level part of the NFS service. However, this file is mostly ornamental. One, the client can continue to use the file handle even after calling rpc.mountd 's UMOUNT proce- dure. And two, if a client reboots without notifying rpc.mountd , a stale entry will remain in rmtab. OPTIONS
-d kind or --debug kind Turn on debugging for kind. -F or --foreground Run in foreground (do not daemonize) -f or --exports-file This option specifies the exports file, listing the clients that this server is prepared to serve and parameters to apply to each such mount (see exports(5)). By default, export information is read from /etc/exports. -h or --help Display usage message. -o num or --descriptors num Set the limit of the number of open file descriptors to num. The default is 256. -N or --no-nfs-version This option can be used to request that rpc.mountd do not offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.mountd can sup- port both NFS version 2 and the newer version 3. If the NFS kernel module was compiled without support for NFSv3, rpc.mountd must be invoked with the option --no-nfs-version 3 . -n or --no-tcp Don't advertise TCP for mount. -P Ignored (compatibility with unfsd??). -p or --port num Force rpc.mountd to bind to the specified port num, instead of using the random port number assigned by the portmapper. -V or --nfs-version This option can be used to request that rpc.mountd offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.mountd can support both NFS version 2 and the newer version 3. -v or --version Print the version of rpc.mountd and exit. TCP_WRAPPERS SUPPORT This rpc.mountd version is protected by the tcp_wrapper library. You have to give the clients access to rpc.mountd if they should be allowed to use it. To allow connects from clients of the .bar.com domain you could use the following line in /etc/hosts.allow: mountd: .bar.com You have to use the daemon name mountd for the daemon name (even if the binary has a different name). For further information please have a look at the tcpd(8) and hosts_access(5) manual pages. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8), exportfs(8), exports(5), rpc.rquotad(8). FILES
/etc/exports, /var/lib/nfs/xtab. AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, H. J. Lu, G. Allan Morris III, and a host of others. 25 Aug 2000 rpc.mountd(8)