Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers uising ed in wipro uwin unix emulator Post 63283 by moxxx68 on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 07:54:53 PM
Old 02-23-2005
thanx for your quick help..
moxxx68

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Emulator Or Simulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Emulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Emulator

Where can I download a unix Emulator for Training and education of the IT personal in my company. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: st_matan
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator for DOS Shell

would like to have ls, wc -l, etc all availble in this silly dos shell I'm stuck in thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robersh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which version of unix and termnail emulator

hello i have a computer sat around doing nothing so i what to install a version of Unix on it, i then want to access the computer from my pc though my home network e.g router. The thing is what version of unix should i use there are so many and being new to all of this some advice would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdude
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

good Unix emulator for vista PC

Dear experts! can you please advise if there are good solutions to emulate Unix on a vista PC? I'm on windows by default, as many on my crucial applications are exclusively win-based, so rebooting each time I need UNIX functionality in a double-boot configuration is not my case.. But I do like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roussine
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator Cygwin

Hi, I installed unix emulator cygwin, it does not allow me to open vi editor. Can anybody know if cygwin supports vi. if not can somebody please refer a good emulator. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siquadri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Hostname in UNIX like environment in Windows (Cgwin, UWin)

Hi, I'm using UWIN (from at&t - a cygwin like environment) in my personal computer to show Unix like environment to someone new to Unix. Though UWin has Ksh command box, wanted to show Putty to that person. My question is. How to connect to Cygwin (or UWin) installed in personal computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
2 Replies
IBM_HOSTS(5)							File Formats Manual						      IBM_HOSTS(5)

NAME
ibm_hosts - host database for x3270 and c3270 SYNOPSIS
/etc/ibm_hosts DESCRIPTION
The ibm_hosts file contains information regarding IBM hosts on the network. An IBM host is a host which can communicate with a 3270 termi- nal emulator such as x3270 or c3270. Each line defines a name in the following format (optional fields are shown in brackets): name type [opt:]...[luname@]hostname[:port] [actions] Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or TAB characters. A line beginning with # is taken as a comment (note that # anywhere else on a line does not indicate a comment). The name field is a mnemonic used to identify the host. The type field is a keyword that indicates the type of entry. The value primary means that the name will be included in host-selection menus that may be displayed by a 3270 emulator. The value alias means that the name will not be included in menus, but will still be accepted as valid input when a host name is required. The hostname field is the Internet hostname or dot-notation Internet address of the host. The hostname can include `s:' or `p:' prefixes, e.g., s:finicky (see the x3270(1) or c3270(1) man page sfor details). It can also include an LU name, separated by an `@' character, e.g., oddlu@bluehost. Finally, it can include a non-default port number, appended to the host- name with a colon `:' character, e.g., bluehost:97. (For compatability with earlier versions of x3270, the port can also be separated by a slash `/' character.) The optional actions field specifies actions to be taken once the connection is made and a data-entry field is defined. If the text looks like an action, e.g., PF(1), it is unmodified; otherwise it is taken as the parameter to the String() action. The actions are not intended for entering usernames and passwords; rather they provide an automated way of specifying a front-end menu option. EXAMPLE
Given the following ibm_hosts file: mvs primary mvs-host tso alias mvs-host mvs2 primary mvs-host:4012 vm primary vtam Tab() String(3) Enter() A 3270 emulator will display four names (mvs, mvs2, afhost and vm) on its hosts menu. The names mvs and tso will cause connections to the host mvs-host. The name mvs2 will also cause a connection to mvs-host, but to port 4012 rather than the emulator's default port (usually 23). The name vm will cause the 3270 emulator to connect to the host vtam (presumably some sort of host-selection front-end), enter the string `3' on the second data-entry field on the screen, and send the Enter AID sequence. FILES
/etc/ibm_hosts SEE ALSO
x3270(1), c3270(1) 25 August 2012 IBM_HOSTS(5)