Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudden poweroff ??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sudden poweroff ?? Post 63151 by santosh1981 on Wednesday 23rd of February 2005 02:56:39 AM
Old 02-23-2005
it's like it is going to sleep state..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic PowerOff!!

Hi Guys, I faced a problem in one of our workstations, from five days ago when i come to office i see that this system has been powred off & when i start it up again it goes trough the "System Setup Restoring " & seems that automatic power off is active . For disabling this i went to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
2 Replies

2. Linux

Restricing normal user from poweroff

HI, How can I restrict normal user from doing 'poweroff' ? Regards JAGDISH (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to poweroff when running on UPS

Hi all, The place where i stay experiences lot of power cuts and my solaris box is almost always on. It so happens that many times i will not be around to switch it off as soon as there is a power cut..(i also have UPS which provides alternative supply for 15min) So i wanted to write a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Sudden LOCK'd volume syndrome

I have depended heavily on an external hd I named 300FWR. It has my backed-up apps, docs, and hours of captured video from digital video recordings of my wife and kids. 90% of the contents are indispensable to me. Recently, the 300FWR volume popped up on my desktop with a Lock icon on the Drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejmjensen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

poweroff

I want 2 authorize all the users to use poweroff command. How can I do this ??:o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

6. Solaris

System date sudden change

Hi there, We have a Solaris 10 machine which has been up and running for more than 400 days. A strange behaviour happened. The system date defaulted to epoch timestamp. Oracle stopped and application failed causing management to parade. We managed to reset the date. All other servers and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
8 Replies

7. Solaris

T4-1/Solaris 11 and sudden 50% performance drop

We have a SPARC T4-1 server, running Solaris 11, and it's doing some pretty extensive parsing on roughly 100GB data set. All was well still few weeks ago, when I was testing the performance, I was reaching rougly 50minute calculation times, and it was more or less expected performance. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudden rise in heap memory of a process

Hi, There is a abrupt memory rise observed for a process on solaris. When the process is started the memory is around 268 MB and is stable for a day. Then suddenly the memory increased to 4364 MB. Below is the pmap -xs output for the process (only for heap) Address Kbytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nidds
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudden Service Busy Alarms

Hi, I am getting service busy alarms on my machines which are using MongoDB every now and then. When the service busy alarm appears, I get the following errors on my mongo router logs. Tue Apr 7 08:01:08.445 dbclient_rs nodes.ok = true hxcslc-b05:27014 Tue Apr 7 08:01:08.445 dbclient_rs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sni_engineer
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Sudden application crash in servers

Hi, This weekend there was a sudden application crash in the server. I did not know where to start to investigate the problem, so I first looked into the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log, and this was what I found : Dec 17 00:38:02 L28bi01 sshd: error: accept: No buffer space available Dec 17... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies
sleep(3UCB)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Library Functions					       sleep(3UCB)

NAME
sleep - suspend execution for interval SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [ flag ... ] file ... int sleep(seconds) unsigned seconds; DESCRIPTION
sleep() suspends the current process from execution for the number of seconds specified by the argument. The actual suspension time may be up to 1 second less than that requested, because scheduled wakeups occur at fixed 1-second intervals, and may be an arbitrary amount longer because of other activity in the system. sleep() is implemented by setting an interval timer and pausing until it expires. The previous state of this timer is saved and restored. If the sleep time exceeds the time to the expiration of the previous value of the timer, the process sleeps only until the timer would have expired, and the signal which occurs with the expiration of the timer is sent one second later. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), alarm(2), getitimer(2), longjmp(3C), siglongjmp(3C), sleep(3C), usleep(3C), attributes(5) NOTES
Use of these interfaces should be restricted to only applications written on BSD platforms. Use of these interfaces with any of the system libraries or in multi-thread applications is unsupported. SIGALRM should not be blocked or ignored during a call to sleep(). Only a prior call to alarm(2) should generate SIGALRM for the calling process during a call to sleep(). A signal-catching function should not interrupt a call to sleep() to call siglongjmp(3C) or longjmp(3C) to restore an environment saved prior to the sleep() call. WARNINGS
sleep() is slightly incompatible with alarm(2). Programs that do not execute for at least one second of clock time between successive calls to sleep() indefinitely delay the alarm signal. Use sleep(3C). Each sleep(3C) call postpones the alarm signal that would have been sent during the requested sleep period to occur one second later. SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2007 sleep(3UCB)