Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers How to find no of occurances Finding average time? Post 62853 by redlotus72 on Monday 21st of February 2005 02:37:56 AM
Old 02-21-2005
How to find no of occurances Finding average time?

Hi,
I have MyLog.log file, and it contains "*** response Time 150",
I want to develop Unix script like ,
1. extract all such occurances in the MyLog.log file and
2. compute the average time taken

I am new to Unix, any one can give any idea/sample code for this?
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Finding Average for BST

Helo guys, this is not specifically a C programming problem for the unix platform, but a problem i came across in class: Find the average for a binary search tree: typedef Struct SNode { double value; SNode *leftChild; SNode *rightChild; } as SNode; /* * Solution 1 */ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heljy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find occurances of a directory and count

I am writing my first shell script to do the following: Find all occurrences of a directory from the pwd Delete the directory (which is a hidden directory) Provide feedback w/ the number of directories deleted The problems I am having are two-fold: The user may not have the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

average transaction time

Hi all, I have large daily log file(s) that hold the times for requests and responses on different system requests. What I want to do is work out average transaction times for the day (one log = one day). The problem I'm having is figuring out how to skip rows, i've sorted the output by uniq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average Time

Hi Guys, I am using a command $ runprt_req PPGUS_ROYXN1102 Output: **************** Start Date and Time End Date and Time*** PPGUS_ROYXN1102 01/15/2008 02:20:08 01/15/2008 04:54:50 PPGUS_ROYXN1102 01/12/2008 02:03:57 01/12/2008 04:22:10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sambond
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average in awk based on time

Hi I am looking for an awk script which can compute the average of the last column based on the date and time. The file looks: site1,"2000-01-01 00:00:00", "2000-01-01 00:59:00",0.013 site2,"2000-02-01 01:00:00", "2000-02-01 01:59:00",0.035 site1,"2000-02-01 02:00:00", "2000-02-01... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kathy wang
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average time using a script

Hello, I'm hoping to get some help on calculating an average time from a list of times (hour:minute:second). Here's what my list looks like right now, it will grow (I can get the full date or change the formatting of this as well): 07:55:31 09:42:00 08:09:02 09:15:23 09:27:45 09:49:26... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaredhanks
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding minimum maximum and average

I am trying to find the minimum maximum and average from one file which has values Received message from https://www.demandmatrix.net/app/dm/xml] in milliseconds. Received message from https://www.demandmatrix.net/app/dm/xml] in milliseconds. Received message from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding an average

Basically, I need to find average of numbers which are given like: sh average file1 file (in files can be more than one number) ->10 sh average 5 7 ->6 sh average /users/file ->5 echo 5 7 | sh average 6 So basically i wrote my code but it gives me error... I am pretty sure it has to work... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manu1234567
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Average time of one column

Hello dears, I have a log file with records like below and want to get a average of one column based on the search of one specific keyword. 2015-02-07 08:15:28 10.102.51.100 10.112.55.101 "kevin.c" POST ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get average idle time using mpstat

I want to get average idle time of the server using mpstat. The problem I am having is %idle is not in same columns in all the versions of linux. example 1: example 2: I tried below command as generalized solution but as Average as one less column output is not proper. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarjohn
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)