Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Setting Up Routing In Linux Redhat 9 Help Post 62833 by xTHESEUSx on Sunday 20th of February 2005 07:51:45 PM
Old 02-20-2005
Ok that half way worked....I can get on my Intranet, but I cannot get to the Internet Smilie Does anyone have any suggestions? The linux box is online.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

NAT Routing in linux

How to use NAT Router in linux Redhat 6 ? and what packages and configuration are required ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Linux Routing Help

I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two NICS in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
1 Replies

3. Linux

linux routing

how i add new routes to my linux machine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

4. Linux

Routing in Linux

Hello All, I know it's a tricky probably stupid question but I'm stuck.... :( Is there any way to route different protocols through different eth cards for the same destination in Linux? With route add or something like it? For instance: FTP to/from 192.168.1.1 goes through eth0 - gw2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmpx
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Setting a locale in Redhat ES 4

Hi, I am writing a shell script which would ask user to select a locale and should set the locale for them. In the script I am doing export LANG=<user selected locale> and i do 'locale' it would show me the changed locale. But, when I come out of the program and do 'locale' it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Setting keyboard configaration in redhat ES4

Hi, can someone tell me how to set the keyboard configaration at console in redhat Linux ES 4. I don't want it in x-windows mode. Also, how can I find all the keyboard configarations available. Thanks in advance. Sunny (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Setting an alias in Redhat

Hi Everyone, I am trying to set up alias the only way I now how, buy making entry into .bashrc file. The entry I made is alias ll='ls -lrt' It is not working as I expect. When I enter "alias" at the command line I get the following. $ alias alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Redhat LINUX 5 setting In VMWARE

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat Cluster updating kernel setting

hello, I was going through clustering documentation for Redhat, it says "Enable IP Aliasing support in the kernel by setting the CONFIG_IP_ALIAS kernel option to y. When specifying kernel options, under Networking Options, select IP aliasing support", I knew I should update /etc/sysctl.conf with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

10. Proxy Server

RedHat Satellite server - Setting up HP Repository

Hi all, We have been using Satellite to patch our RedHat servers for a while but up until recently these have only been virtual machines. Now we have a requirement to install a few physicals and I am trying to setup a sync a custom channel for the HP reository. Our setup is that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayned
2 Replies
COL(1)								   User Commands							    COL(1)

NAME
col - filter reverse line feeds from input SYNOPSIS
col [options] DESCRIPTION
col filters out reverse (and half-reverse) line feeds so the output is in the correct order with only forward and half-forward line feeds, and replaces white-space characters with tabs where possible. This can be useful in processing the output of nroff(1) and tbl(1). col reads from standard input and writes to standard output. OPTIONS
-b, --no-backspaces Do not output any backspaces, printing only the last character written to each column position. -f, --fine Forward half line feeds are permitted fine mode. Normally characters printed on a half-line boundary are printed on the following line. -p, --pass Force unknown control sequences to be passed through unchanged. Normally, col will filter out any control sequences from the input other than those recognized and interpreted by itself, which are listed below. -h, --tabs Output tabs instead of multiple spaces. -x, --spaces Output multiple spaces instead of tabs. -l, --lines number Buffer at least number lines in memory. By default, 128 lines are buffered. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -H, --help Output help and exit. NOTES
The control sequences for carriage motion that col understands and their decimal values are listed in the following table: ESC-7 reverse line feed (escape then 7) ESC-8 half reverse line feed (escape then 8) ESC-9 half forward line feed (escape then 9) backspace moves back one column (8); ignored in the first column newline forward line feed (10); also does carriage return carriage return (13) shift in shift to normal character set (15) shift out shift to alternate character set (14) space moves forward one column (32) tab moves forward to next tab stop (9) vertical tab reverse line feed (11) All unrecognized control characters and escape sequences are discarded. col keeps track of the character set as characters are read and makes sure the character set is correct when they are output. If the input attempts to back up to the last flushed line, col will display a warning message. SEE ALSO
expand(1), nroff(1), tbl(1) STANDARDS
The col utility conforms to the Single UNIX Specification, Version 2. The -l option is an extension to the standard. HISTORY
A col command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The col command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 COL(1)