Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to install mailx command on linux ??? Post 62831 by Perderabo on Sunday 20th of February 2005 05:47:29 PM
Old 02-20-2005
I've never used the -r option. The man page talks a bit cryptically: "Pass address to network delivery software." I'm not sure what that means. Have you tried it without the -r ? Why do you need that option?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Command

Hi, mailx -s "hi" -r "abc@yahoo.com" aaa@yahoo.com<<EOF Hi, ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt EOF the above code is sending mails, but attachment is not going instead i just get like below ~<!uuencode a.txt a.txt Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install command flag Linux/Unix issue

Hi all, I was trying to install from source USB_ModeSwitch on my Mac. I have always had success with the basic ./configure, make, make install commands in terminal so don't know how, why or what. The issue I came across is that the makefile.conf uses the -D flag while installing and on UNIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jprokos
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

( cat textfile.txt; ) | mailx -s "test mail " `cat mailids.lst` from :'server@example.com' to : for all contacts in text file mailids.lst above command is sending mails correctly for all contacts in text file mailids.lst, but 'from' address is showing as 'server@example.com' but i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

mailx on linux just like on solaris/HP

Hello Unix lovers, I want to know if I can have mailx on linux. I am using redhat 6. My sys admin says that mailx is not availble on linux. I see on my linux system mailx is just a link to /bin/Mail program. I want to install mailx just as it is availble on soaris/HP. When my sys... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to sendmail using mailx in linux

how to sendmail to other computer in the same computer lab using mailx? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: help me
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - mailx - attachment - via script/command

Hi I am trying to send an email using mailx with an attachment but without using uuencode. as per man page we can use -a option. I tried below command mailx -s "test" -a "/home/test/1.txt" "abc@gmail.com" but it waits for more input and i had to press ControlD which in turns print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx not working on Linux

Hi, telnet localhost 25 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. 220 TechBun ESMTP Postfix This command echo "hi" | mail -v me@mycomp.com does not send mail to my inbox and i get the below output. Upon investigation i saw this log file tail -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH - set HTTP proxy authentication methods to try SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH, long bitmask); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long as parameter, which is set to a bitmask, to tell libcurl which HTTP authentication method(s) you want it to use for your proxy authentication. If more than one bit is set, libcurl will first query the site to see what authentication methods it supports and then pick the best one you allow it to use. For some methods, this will induce an extra network round-trip. Set the actual name and password with the CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD(3) option. The bitmask can be constructed by or'ing together the bits fully listed and described in the CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH(3) man page. DEFAULT
CURLAUTH_BASIC PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.10.7 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN if the bitmask specified no supported authentication methods. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PROXY(3), CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE(3), CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD(3), CURLOPT_PROXYPORT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH(3)