Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux hey where can i download a MPEG player for linux Post 62819 by zazzybob on Sunday 20th of February 2005 06:10:14 AM
Old 02-20-2005
Just for information, you can find a myriad of software for Linux on

http://www.sourceforge.net
and
http://www.freshmeat.net

There are literally tens of thousands of software projects hosted on these sites (quality varies, however Smilie).

Cheers
ZB

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need A Player For Linux.

Which video player do i need for red hat 7 and how do i run it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to download a free mp3 player for linux

Does anyone of you have the links to a site where you can download a mp3 player for linux(fedora 1). :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good mp3 player for linux

Hi all i am lookign for a good mp3 player under linux which runs nicely with an amd64 (x86-64) enverioment. i used too use xmms but i just found out that there are no active develepors anymore (last active developer logged in on forum somewhere in augustus 2005) so does someone knows a good... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Media Player Under Linux - Girl in Need

Hello Everybody, First to introduce myself, I am a total beginner to the linux scene. I'm am running it on my second desktop and so far I love it, even though it can be frustrating. Anyway... my first problem. I like to watch movies on xxxxxx on my windows box, but so far I haven't been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EricaMae999
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which player to install on Linux

Hi All, I am very new to Linux... I have just installed Red hat Linux 5.. Can anybody pls tell me the way to install different players.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to install VLC media player or any other player in SL 6.3 distro

Hi, I am unable to install VLC or any other media players in my SL 6.3 distro. I am using yum utility to install the packages, but i am getting the below error messages, --> Processing Dependency: libpng15.so.15()(64bit) for package: vlc-core-2.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64 --> Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)