Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Limit login time...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Limit login time... Post 6268 by 98_1LE on Saturday 1st of September 2001 05:29:51 PM
Old 09-01-2001
You will have to install a daemon called idled. Depending on which version of Solaris you are running, you should be able to find a copy at http://www.darkwing.com/idled/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Login Limit

Gud day :) We have a limited user login so we want to restrict 1 login per user. We have added below script in each user's profile but it is not working :confused: , I displayed the output for COUNT (by inserting echo command) but the value is always 1. Hope you could help me. Thanks ;) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
3 Replies

2. AIX

failed login time limit

Hello, we had a situation where an account was locked out due to too many failed login attempts. From the logs (failedlogin, etc) it appears that AIX 'remembered' the failed login attempts from the past month or so. does anyone know where this is set, or how long it will remember the number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error, Login Limit Exceeded by 1 user

Would appreciate some help, system was displaying an error regarding the kernal when a "sar" was run, after a reboot we get "WARNING user login limit exceeded by 1 user". We have plenty of licences. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nchrocc
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

limit non login id for ftp

Hi All, How can I limit a userid (/bin/false) to have access only to ftp service? On redhat ent 4. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to set a time limit for a script

Hello Folks, I have been asked to write a test script which can be run by students. the script should have a time limit. I have almost completed it except the bit of timing! I've seen something like this: on_timeout() { echo "$USER $score " >> theresult.txt echo "Time out!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SultanKSA
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldapsearch time limit

We have an application that uses Active directory to authenticate the users. the admins of the app. were complaining because the windows domain controller they are going against is not very stable. I wrote a shell script using ldapsearch to look up a user against the domain controller their app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayjabour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in time limit of a job on slurm

Hello everyone. I am trying to do a parallel computation and the computation continues for like an hour and then it stops with the error: slurmd: *** JOB 785385 CANCELLED AT 2012-02-08T20:18:42 DUE TO TIME LIMIT *** Please can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix the error...I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lebphys78
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit a user's login prompt upon logon

Hey Am new to scripting in aix 5.3 I need to write a script to limit a user's logon prompt to an interactive menu based upon logon and nothing else. Any ideas much appreciated. :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mills
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Time limit on ifconfig wlan0 down?

Is there a time limit ifconfig wlan0 down? I used that command to take my wireless down. sudo ifconfig wlan0 downWhen I came back about 6 hours later it was working without me bringing my wireless back up. I am the only one that uses my computer or that knows the root password. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Postfix keeps returning "Command time limit exceeded" message

We are having issues with our Postfix. The POP and IMAP services randomly stops working an sent e-mails return a "Command time limit exceeded". We've found out that running these command fix the problem: service cyrus-imapd stop rm /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db* rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GustavoAlvarado
2 Replies
gnutls_url_is_supported(3)					      gnutls						gnutls_url_is_supported(3)

NAME
gnutls_url_is_supported - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> int gnutls_url_is_supported(const char* url); ARGUMENTS
const char* url A PKCS 11 url DESCRIPTION
Check whether url is supported. Depending on the system libraries GnuTLS may support pkcs11 or tpmkey URLs. RETURNS
return non-zero if the given URL is supported, and zero if it is not known. SINCE
3.1.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_url_is_supported(3)