Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Darwin x86 kernel only
Operating Systems Linux Darwin x86 kernel only Post 62640 by locustfurnace on Friday 18th of February 2005 06:03:41 AM
Old 02-18-2005
Why not just poke around on the GNU/Darwin or OpenDarwin sites, Download the system and get the kernel out if thats what your looking for.

http://www.opendarwin.org/
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ADSL with Darwin 1.41

Hey everyone, just to let you all know "I'm an uber n00b" I'm connected to Telstra Bigpond's (Australian ISP) ADSL network, now I;m running Darwin 1.41 on an Apple Macintosh PPC computer. I don't know how to set up ADSL on this system, can someone please guide me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syphor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

GNU-Darwin

Did anyone here about GNU-Darwin? http://gnu-darwin.org/ Read Bout it! And Darwin can be found here: http://www.opendarwin.org Tell me what U think (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Darwin typeset -i

From the bash manpage: typeset ] What I'm trying to do is add two values in hexadecimal and have the resulting number display in hexadecimal. What I get is the result displayed in decimal. For instance: a=0x10 b=0x30 ((c=a+b)) echo $c ...displays 64. The arithmatic is correct, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loriel
2 Replies

6. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Switch to 64-bit kernel on Solaris x86

I know this is probably a dumb question, but all of my Google and forum searches have been coming up empty. I mostly work with SPARC. How do you switch Solaris on x86 from 32-bit to 64-bit? When I do a uname -a on a newly installed machine I get "SunOS XXXXXXX 5.10 Generic_144489-17 i86pc i386... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
8 Replies
sfe(7D) 							      Devices								   sfe(7D)

NAME
sfe - SiS900 series Fast Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/sfe DESCRIPTION
The sfe driver is a loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface dlpi(7P) on Silicon Inte- grated Systems 900 series Fast Ethernet controllers. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The relevant fields returned as part of a DL_INFO_ACK response are: o Maximum SDU is 1500. o Minimum SDU is 0. o The dlsap address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o SAP length is -2. The 6-byte physical address is followed immediately by a 2-byte SAP. o Service mode is DL_CLDLS. o Broadcast address is the 6-byte Ethernet broadcast address (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff). If the SAP provided is zero, then IEEE 802.3 mode is assumed and outbound frames will have the frame payload length written into the type field. Likewise, inbound frames with a SAP between zero and 1500 are interpreted as IEEE 802.3 frames and delivered to any streams that are bound to SAP zero (the 802.3 SAP). PROPERTIES
The following properties may be configured using either ndd(1M) or the sfe.conf configuration file as described by driver.conf(4): adv_100fdx_cap Enables the 100 Base TX full-duplex link option. (This is generally the fastest mode if both link partners support it. Most modern equipment supports this mode.) adv_100hdx_cap Enables the 100 Base TX half-duplex link option. (Typically used when the link partner is a 100 Mbps hub.) adv_10fdx_cap Enables the 10 Base-T full-duplex link option. (This less-frequently used mode is typically used when the link partner is a 10 Mbps switch.) adv_10hdx_cap Enables the 10 Base-T half-duplex link option. (This is the fall-back when no other option is available. It is typically used when the link partner is a 10 Mbps hub or is an older network card.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/dev/sfe Special character device. /kernel/drv/sfe 32-bit driver binary (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/sfe 64-bit driver binary (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/sfe 64-bit driver binary (SPARC). /kernel/drv/sfe.conf Configuration file. SEE ALSO
ndd(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) IEEE 802.3 -- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2002 SunOS 5.11 12 Dec 2007 sfe(7D)