Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to download a free mp3 player for linux Post 62636 by malcom on Friday 18th of February 2005 05:23:02 AM
Old 02-18-2005
Hi,

take xmms, which is already installed on Fedora and install the needed mp3 addon ...

Cheers
Malcom

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

hey where can i download a MPEG player for linux

where can i download these: 1.wma player 2. mpeg player 3..dat player (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
10 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

osx mp3 player help

Hey UNIX Saviors, I am not very familiar with unix commands so I need some detailed help please. I have a RCA Lyra MP3 player that is supposed to work as a drag and drop external drive when transferring my MP3's. In OSX, the problem is that when I delete the MP3 from the mounted drive it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eideas
1 Replies

3. Linux

Where can I download the original Linux code for free?

Where can I download the original Linux code for free? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Super Apollo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good mp3 player for linux

Hi all i am lookign for a good mp3 player under linux which runs nicely with an amd64 (x86-64) enverioment. i used too use xmms but i just found out that there are no active develepors anymore (last active developer logged in on forum somewhere in augustus 2005) so does someone knows a good... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux free download

Hello, I am not sure where to post this questions... I have Windows XP in my home computer. I need to install Linux on my home computer for learning purpose. Can one please recommend any free download link to download free linux... Any help is appreciated... Thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies
qmp3join(1)							 quelcom man pages						       qmp3join(1)

NAME
qmp3join - join mp3 files SYNOPSIS
qmp3join [option]... file1 file2... DESCRIPTION
qmp3join reads a list of mp3 files and joins them in one mp3 file in the specified order. some conditions must be met for the parameters of each of the files (see NOTES section). OPTIONS
-f, --force force join bypassing bit rate checks. by default, to join two files they must be both vbr (have variable bit rate) or have the same bit rate. using this option you can skip this check. -h, --help show a brief help and exit. -o <outfile>, --output=<outfile> outfile is the name of the file where all the frames will be copied. if this option is not used, the frames from the second to the last file of the list will be appended to file1. -v, --verbose show which operations are done. -V, --version show version and exit. NOTES
(all) the following parameters are required to be common for two mp3 files to be joined: [fill this!!!]. also, about the bit rate parame- ter, both mp3 must have the same value or (both) must have a variable bit rate. this restriction would be by-passable with the --force flag. before joining, all the streams are tested for validity. this is a time consuming operation. in any case, qmp3join can be viewed like a better but restrictive cat for mp3 files, due to the mp3 file format characteristics. BUGS
tests have been done only with mpeg version 1 layer iii streams, though it may (or not) work with other versions/layers. AUTHOR
dmanye@etse.urv.es http://www.etse.urv.es/~dmanye/quelcom/quelcom.html SEE ALSO
qmp3info(1), qmp3cut(1), qmp3check(1), qmp3report(1) qwavinfo(1), qwavjoin(1), qwavcut(1), qwavsilence(1), qwavfade(1), qwavheaderdump(1) quelcom 0.4.0 february 2001 qmp3join(1)