Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters Post 62582 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of February 2005 10:29:24 AM
Old 02-17-2005
ftp your files in ASCII mode [NOT binary].

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files from Unix to Windows through shell program

Hi, I made a shell script to allow user to ftp file to windows shared drive. Here is part of my code within my shell script: /usr/bin/ftpmtc $usr $pswd $jobno Within 'ftpmtc': #ARGUMENT: USER,PASWD,JOBNO,VER,LOG_DATE,$$ $UCB/echo "user $1 $2" > $inst_file $UCB/echo "cd prod" >> $inst_file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to FTP file from Windows to unix

I need your help for a FTP Job to be schedule to copy files from windows to Unix. in a set of time interval. My requirement is as follows. 1.Script should check whether file is available in the windows folder , if available then do FTP to unix server , and then move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.kamble
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Unix Box to Windows Shell Script

Hello All, Could someone help me out with this? I want to incorporate this into an existing script so the output of a SAS job can be ftp'd from our UNIX box to a directory on a drive in Windows environment. Can this be done with no extra third party software? We currently use Putty for copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Miguel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from unix shell script to windows

Hi, I m trying to connect/establish FTP from unix shell script to my PC.Below the script i have written #!/bin/ksh ftp -v -n ddcappip01.com << "EOF" user Amit jason bye EOF ------------------------------ERROR-------------------------- but i m getting the below error for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to ftp files from windows to unix

Hi , I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine.Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the forum i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters!

I have a file that has the name in one of the lines as MARíA MENDOZA in Windows. When this gets FTPed over to UNIX it appears as MAR�A MENDOZA. Is there anyway to overcome this? Its causing a issue because the file is Postional and fields are getting pushed by 2 digits.. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)