Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users scp problem Post 62551 by blowtorch on Thursday 17th of February 2005 06:01:48 AM
Old 02-17-2005
i already have umask set to 022, thats a no go.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

Hi, I have problem using scp in an AIX machine, where I need to use full path to scp from /dirA but i dont have to from /dirB of the same machine. Below are some details & scp -v output (truncated). I've checked the permission & settings of both dir/FS are the same. Please help. scenario scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliehussin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with SCP

Hi, I want to copy a file from one system to other i done a SCP but it showing error as below .. Can we do it by SCP ? Is it possible ?.. What is the below mean ?. sys1@sys2's password: scp: .: not a regular file Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I have some problems using scp between a server Sun Solaris and a SecurePlatform Checkpoint. If I try to copy a simple file txt from the server Sun Solaris to the SecurePlatform, I have problems!!!!!!... server:/export/home/appmgt# scp 1.txt admin2@fwtest:~ lost connection ... if I try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SCP parellel processing

Hi All, I am trying to take Bulk Log files from around 24 Remote servers using my shell script. I am using SCP for this. I need to take log files every 15 min, so I am thinking about the parallel processing mechanism in UNIX.The 24 remote machines username,servername reading from properties... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp problem in crontab

Hello there: I hope you can help me. I have this problem: I have the next script: #!/bin/bash #copy all backuped files to main server scp /root/opennms_etc_$fecha.tar.gz opennms2@10.245.10.196: scp /root/opennms_all_$fecha.sql opennms2@10.245.10.196: scp /root/pg_hba.conf ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with ssh and scp

Hi there, I'm working with two linux servers and if I use ssh to connect from 1 to 2 everything works fine ( ..as usual:rolleyes:), while if I try to connect via ssh or to copy files through scp (as I usually do...) from 2 to 1, after the password I get this message: Connection closed by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with SCP command

hi, I am successfully running following command from command prompt $ scp oracle@172.16.0.11:/back/crmemo.csv /sales/ but when i am running the same command from a script it copying '?' in sales (destination) folder. Following is the script #!/bin/sh scp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: RIAZ
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to copy Using scp facing problem

source file is located in (elk.some.com) /export/elk2/vp141p/Somedir/dist/current/Filename.ear destination machine(191.hydc.xxx.com) /export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE scp -p vp141p@hstst191.hydc.sbc.com:/export/elk2/vp141p/PM_Build_SBS/Build_PVT_SBS/dist/current/Filename.ear . The above code is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command problem

I am trying to copy file . On the remote host I have dir structure as ... /opt/product/11.2.0/ and underneath 11.2.0 I have db and db112 dirs.. and there are sub dirs underneath db and db112.. scp xyx:/tmp/1.sh /opt/oracle/11.2.0/*/hs/admin/1.sh the idea here is copy 1.sh to both db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Scp, problem, .bashrc

I have a problem with SCP, trying to use this solution in .bashrc: scp printed an error message: "Write failed flushing stdout buffer. write stdout: Broken pipe." or "packet too long". Your shell startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc, ~/.bashrc), which is run when scp connects, might be writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies
UMASK(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							  UMASK(2)

NAME
umask -- set file creation mode mask LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stat.h> mode_t umask(mode_t numask); DESCRIPTION
The umask() routine sets the process's file mode creation mask to numask and returns the previous value of the mask. The 9 low-order access permission bits of numask are used by system calls, including open(2), mkdir(2), mkfifo(2) and mknod(2) to turn off corresponding bits requested in file mode. (See chmod(2)). This clearing allows each user to restrict the default access to his files. The default mask value is S_IWGRP|S_IWOTH (022, write access for the owner only). Child processes inherit the mask of the calling process. RETURN VALUES
The previous value of the file mode mask is returned by the call. ERRORS
The umask() function is always successful. SEE ALSO
chmod(2), mkdir(2), mkfifo(2), mknod(2), open(2) STANDARDS
The umask() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD