Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX config commands
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX config commands Post 62424 by giriplug on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 08:05:09 PM
Old 02-15-2005
Basically, i need to know how to setup the vgcreate and networking parts....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 and 11.00 commands

Hello, i have to activate a network interface. for HPUX1100 i can command ifconfig lanx plumb. Why doesent it works under HPUX10.20? How can i realise it? thanks for your help!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Hardware commands.

HI ALL, I am new tp HPUX and i am looking for command that will retive me the following information on HPUX: Chassis Name & Serial Number: Monitor Name BIOS Name EthernetPort Name IPEndpoint Name PointingDevice Name Keyboard NetworkPrinter Name LocalPrinter (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need HPUX admin commands lost

Hi All Please somebody send me list of admin commands used for HPUX. Thanks Sunanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunanda
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
VGSPLIT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							VGSPLIT(8)

NAME
       vgsplit - split a volume group into two

SYNOPSIS
       vgsplit [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-c|--clustered {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-l|--maxlogicalvolumes MaxLogi-
       calVolumes] [-M|--metadatatype  type]  [-p|--maxphysicalvolumes	MaxPhysicalVolumes]  [--[vg]metadatacopies]  NumberOfCopies|unmanaged|all]
       [-n|--name LogicalVolumeName] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] SourceVolumeGroupName DestinationVolumeGroupName [ PhysicalVolumePath ...]

DESCRIPTION
       vgsplit	moves  one  or more physical volumes from SourceVolumeGroupName into DestinationVolumeGroupName. The physical volumes moved can be
       specified either explicitly via PhysicalVolumePath, or implicitly by -n LogicalVolumeName, in which case only physical  volumes	underlying
       the specified logical volume will be moved.

If  DestinationVolumeGroupName  does not exist, a new volume group will be created.  The default attributes for the new volume group can be
       specified with --alloc, --clustered, --maxlogicalvolumes, --metadatatype, --maxphysicalvolumes and --[vg]metadatacopies,  (see  vgcreate(8)
       for  a description of these options).  If any of these options are not given, default attribute(s) are taken from SourceVolumeGroupName. If
       a non-LVM2 metadata type (e.g. lvm1) is being used, you should use the -M option to specify the metadata type directly.

If DestinationVolumeGroupName does exist, it will be checked for compatibility with SourceVolumeGroupName before the physical  volumes  are
       moved. Specifying any of the above default volume group attributes with an existing destination volume group is an error, and no split will
       occur.

Logical volumes cannot be split between volume groups. Vgsplit(8) only moves complete physical volumes: To move part of a physical  volume,
       use  pvmove(8).	 Each existing logical volume must be entirely on the physical volumes forming either the source or the destination volume
       group.  For this reason, vgsplit(8) may fail with an error if a split would result in a logical volume being split across volume groups.

A vgsplit into an existing volume group retains the existing volume group's value of vgmetadatacopies (see vgcreate and lvm.conf  for  fur-
       ther explanation of vgmetadatacopies).  To change the value of vgmetadatacopies, use vgchange.

OPTIONS
       See lvm for common options.

SEE ALSO
       lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgextend(8), vgreduce(8), vgmerge(8)

Sistina Software UK					 LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06)						VGSPLIT(8)