Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win) Post 62353 by Neo on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 09:43:02 AM
Old 02-15-2005
Please describe your SMTP architecture.

What MTA are you using? MUA? etc.

If these terms are not familar to you, then I kindly suggest you need to review the basics of SMTP architecture. A Google search on these terms will be very helpful.

SMTP MTA MUA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send email to multiple users.

Hi, I am using the mailx command to send email to multple users. The command works fine when i am sending mail to a single user but when i insert multiple email ids inside the quote it does not work. All the email ids are coming from a property file.Please have a lookt at the property file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaksingh
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email using alias name through mailx

Hi, My requirement is I have to send email using mailx command and the recipient of the mail should see a alias instead of email address in his mail box. The same functionality that we get when we sent email using an address book. Is this functionality possible through mailx? I tried doing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsisurampalli
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Syntax for mailx to send email to CC

I am trying to send email using "echo "Test Email" | mailx -s "Subject" someone@xyz.com I also want to send CC to another email address along with TO using above statement. Can anyone please help me on this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap27
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Send email from outlook to server

Hi, I am sending an email from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (microsoft exchange) to a unix server. I am not receiving the email in server but I am getting the following error in outlook. Your message: From: x@y.com Subject: Could not be delivered because the domain name was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies
WHOM(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   WHOM(1)

NAME
whom - report to whom a message would go SYNOPSIS
whom [-alias aliasfile] [-check | -nocheck] [-draftfolder +folder] [-draftmessage msg] [-nodraftfolder] [-server servername] [-port port- name/number] [-sasl] [-saslmech mechanism] [-snoop] [-user username] [-tls] [-notls] [file] [-draft] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Whom is used to expand the headers of a message into a set of addresses and optionally verify that those addresses are deliverable at that time (if -check is given). The -draftfolder +folder and -draftmessage msg switches invoke the nmh draft folder facility. This is an advanced (and highly useful) fea- ture. Consult the mh-draft(5) man page for more information. If nmh is using the SMTP MTA, the -server and the -port switches can be used to override the default mail server (defined by the /etc/nmh/mts.conf servers entry). The -snoop switch can be used to view the SMTP transaction. (Beware that the SMTP transaction may con- tain authentication information either in plaintext or easily decoded base64.) If nmh has been compiled with SASL support, the -sasl switch will enable the use of SASL authentication with the SMTP MTA. Depending on the SASL mechanism used, this may require an additional password prompt from the user (but the ".netrc" file can be used to store this password). -saslmech switch can be used to select a particular SASL mechanism, and the the -user switch can be used to select a authoriza- tion userid to provide to SASL other than the default. If SASL authentication is successful, nmh will attempt to negotiate a security layer for session encryption. Encrypted data is labelled with `(encrypted)' and `(decrypted)' when viewing the SMTP transaction with the -snoop switch. The -saslmaxssf switch can be used to select the maximum value of the Security Strength Factor. This is an integer value and the exact meaning of this value depends on the underlying SASL mechanism. A value of 0 disables encryption. If nmh has been compiled with TLS support, the -tls and -notls switches will require and disable the negotiation of TLS support when con- necting to the SMTP MTA. Encrypted data is labelled with `(tls-encrypted)' and `(tls-decrypted)' when viewing the SMTP transction with the -snoop switch. The files specified by the profile entry "Aliasfile:" and any additional alias files given by the -alias aliasfile switch will be read (more than one file, each preceded by -alias, can be named). See mh-alias(5) for more information. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Draft-Folder: To find the default draft-folder Aliasfile: For a default alias file postproc: Program to post the message SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5), post(8) DEFAULTS
`file' defaults to <mh-dir>/draft `-nocheck' `-alias' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases CONTEXT
None BUGS
With the -check option, whom makes no guarantees that the addresses listed as being ok are really deliverable, rather, an address being listed as ok means that at the time that whom was run the address was thought to be deliverable by the transport service. For local addresses, this is absolute; for network addresses, it means that the host is known; for uucp addresses, it (often) means that the UUCP network is available for use. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 WHOM(1)