Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win) Post 62351 by izy100 on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 09:27:07 AM
Old 02-15-2005
check for your mailhost entry in the /etc/hosts.
Might be wrong......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send email to multiple users.

Hi, I am using the mailx command to send email to multple users. The command works fine when i am sending mail to a single user but when i insert multiple email ids inside the quote it does not work. All the email ids are coming from a property file.Please have a lookt at the property file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaksingh
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email using alias name through mailx

Hi, My requirement is I have to send email using mailx command and the recipient of the mail should see a alias instead of email address in his mail box. The same functionality that we get when we sent email using an address book. Is this functionality possible through mailx? I tried doing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsisurampalli
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Syntax for mailx to send email to CC

I am trying to send email using "echo "Test Email" | mailx -s "Subject" someone@xyz.com I also want to send CC to another email address along with TO using above statement. Can anyone please help me on this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap27
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Send email from outlook to server

Hi, I am sending an email from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (microsoft exchange) to a unix server. I am not receiving the email in server but I am getting the following error in outlook. Your message: From: x@y.com Subject: Could not be delivered because the domain name was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies
libssh2_knownhost_check(3)					  libssh2 manual					libssh2_knownhost_check(3)

NAME
libssh2_knownhost_check - check a host+key against the list of known hosts SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_knownhost_check(LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOSTS *hosts, const char *host, const char *key, size_t keylen, int typemask, struct libssh2_knownhost **knownhost); DESCRIPTION
Checks a host and its associated key against the collection of known hosts, and returns info back about the (partially) matched entry. host is a pointer the host name in plain text. The host name can be the IP numerical address of the host or the full name. key is a pointer to the key for the given host. keylen is the total size in bytes of the key pointed to by the key argument typemask is a bitmask that specifies format and info about the data passed to this function. Specificly, it details what format the host name is, what format the key is and what key type it is. The host name is given as one of the following types: LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_TYPE_PLAIN or LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_TYPE_CUSTOM. The key is encoded using one of the following encodings: LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_KEYENC_RAW or LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_KEYENC_BASE64. knownhost if set to non-NULL, it must be a pointer to a 'struct libssh2_knownhost' pointer that gets filled in to point to info about a known host that matches or partially matches. RETURN VALUE
libssh2_knownhost_check(3) returns info about how well the provided host + key pair matched one of the entries in the list of known hosts. LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_FAILURE - something prevented the check to be made LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_NOTFOUND - no host match was found LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_MATCH - hosts and keys match. LIBSSH2_KNOWNHOST_CHECK_MISMATCH - host was found, but the keys didn't match! AVAILABILITY
Added in libssh2 1.2 EXAMPLE
See the ssh2_exec.c example as provided in the tarball. SEE ALSO
libssh2_knownhost_init(3) libssh2_knownhost_free(3) libssh2_knownhost_add(3) libssh2 1.2 28 May 2009 libssh2_knownhost_check(3)