Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1 Post 6211 by manderson19 on Friday 31st of August 2001 09:42:29 AM
Old 08-31-2001
I, too, have had problems using 7.1. Once I used Mandrake 8.0, it came up with no problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how can I start and configure samba?

Well, that's my question, I'm looking for a tutorial or something to start & work with samba, any help would be much appericiated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshkanAlmaspour
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to install & configure Sendmail

Hi All • Regarding installing sendmail pkg in server, I tried to install the pkg but getting the below errors as shown below - any idea on this? • But I have successfully installed sendmail-cf pkg in the server box • But that is not sufficient we also need to install sendmail pkg • Help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to delete a file through SAMBA

We have AIX box with a share. We have a Windows 2000 server with a mapped drive to this share. We were able to create and delete files inside the mapped drive. I removed the map. Changed it to a test share. Removed that map. Added it back to teh original share. However, now we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcubitt
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to configure Samba 3 for IPv6 operation with Window XP for IPv4

Need help...! I want to configure Samba 3 for IPv6 operation with Window XP for IPv4. I appreciate any guide. Thanks HSV (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sovan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Server unable to send mail-how to configure

Hi All, I'm unable to send out email using mailx command in a new server. I guess the server has to be configured for this. I searched a lot and everywhere it was asked to check /etc/sendmail.cf (I don't have this file in that path.) And I don't have a folder called host or hosts in /etc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qwerty123
6 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to configure in VMWARE

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to configure NIS client server

Dear all, I am using solaris 10 OS. I configured NIS server and i also configured NIS client server but when i use the command ypinit -s sunserv1 in NIS client it is showing me the below error. Enumerates maps from sunserv1. please check that it is running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure Samba with Remote LDAP for Authentications.

I am working on configuring Samba with Remote LDAP for Authentications but facing issue on the same. I googled for the this but most of the setup is to connect local Samba and LDAP with samba-ldap tools but in my case this is on a separate machines. Please help me to configure this. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to configure Photon3G in RHEL6.5

Hi All, Has Any body configured Photon3G ( ZTE MF190 ) on RHEL6.5. Any Device as below .. Bus 001 Device 033: ID 19d2:1254 ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM Kernel -- 2.6.32-431.30.1.el6.x86_64 Usb modeswitch Version .. usb_modeswitch-data-20120815-2.el6.noarch... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure samba with PAM point 2 different LDAP

Hi, I would like to configure samba with PEM (with LDAP). I've already found, on the server, configured the PAM Authentication(with LDAP) for ssh. I wanted to know if it was possible to configure PAM for to authenticate to another LDAP only for SAMBA. Is possibile duplicate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark888
2 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)