Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: books for pro c,c++
Top Forums Programming books for pro c,c++ Post 62100 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of February 2005 10:27:17 AM
Old 02-11-2005
OP wants to program ORACLE code in C, using the Oracle pre-compiler Pro*C.

The programmer's guide that comes on CD with ORACLE is actually very good.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

FreeBSD Books

Any good books out there that you could recommend to a noob? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignacio
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books and such!

Hi guyes and girls. I am totaly new to this, so i need some advice on books and such. What book should i read if im going to get good in Unix? And if im going to read that book, what OS do i need for my first experience? And where do i get it? Some other things you folks can post is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seyedx
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books on Unix

hi forum, i would like to learn Unix by myself and want to have some good knowlege ..is that possible ?which book can i follow?can anyone send me some book links ... Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vyra
2 Replies

5. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

6. Programming

Books for advanced C

Simple question , what good book is next step in learning C. I finished with K&R and I want to go to the next step , so if someone has a good book please share title :D I looked for Advanced C programming by example but it is too expansive 400$ on Amazon :( So please tell me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

7. AIX

who have these e-books?

I want to study AIX,who have these e-books?PDF or ppt is better, thanks for sharing! 1、  AIX System Admin AN10 AIX 6 Basics AN12 ... -- shortened -- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fringker
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Looking for RH4xx v6 books

Hi folks, I just passed RH401 exam, and now looking for RH423, RH436, RH442, RHS333 RHEL6 workbooks materials. Does anybody have it ? I am ready to provide compensation for that, please pm if interested. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: versd
5 Replies
DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)						 1					     DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)

DOMDocument::getElementById - Searches for an element with a certain id

SYNOPSIS
public DOMElement DOMDocument::getElementById (string $elementId) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to "DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName" but searches for an element with a given id. For this function to work, you will need either to set some ID attributes with "DOMElement::setIdAttribute" or a DTD which defines an attribute to be of type ID. In the later case, you will need to validate your document with "DOMDocument::validate" or DOMDocument::$vali- dateOnParse before using this function. PARAMETERS
o $elementId - The unique id value for an element. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DOMElement or NULL if the element is not found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DOMDocument::getElementById() Example The following examples use book.xml which contains the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE books [ <!ELEMENT books (book+)> <!ELEMENT book (title, author+, xhtml:blurb?)> <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT blurb (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST books xmlns CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST books xmlns:xhtml CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST book id ID #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST author email CDATA #IMPLIED> ]> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?> <books xmlns="http://books.php/" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <book id="php-basics"> <title>PHP Basics</title> <author email="jim.smith@basics.php">Jim Smith</author> <author email="jane.smith@basics.php">Jane Smith</author> <xhtml:blurb><![CDATA[ <p><em>PHP Basics</em> provides an introduction to PHP.</p> ]]></xhtml:blurb> </book> <book id="php-advanced"> <title>PHP Advanced Programming</title> <author email="jon.doe@advanced.php">Jon Doe</author> </book> </books> <?php $doc = new DomDocument; // We need to validate our document before refering to the id $doc->validateOnParse = true; $doc->Load('book.xml'); echo "The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: " . $doc->getElementById('php-basics')->tagName . " "; ?> The above example will output: The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: book SEE ALSO
DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName. PHP Documentation Group DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)