Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission problem
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Permission problem Post 62033 by Neo on Thursday 10th of February 2005 04:24:58 PM
Old 02-10-2005
...and, like many people, if you enter in the wrong or incorrect email address, you will never be able to confirm your registration - and will not have posting or search permissions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission problem

I have a crontab job that runs a database backup and directs the output to a log. I ran the job, and the output log file was created with no problems, but now if I try and run the same job again, I keep getting a file exists error. The permissions are: -rw-rw-r-- I also tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

3. Linux

dos2unix permission problem

Hi All, I want to use the command "dos2unix" to format the file line break from win to unix, but after changing the file permission has been change to 600. how can i keep the original permisson after formatting? Many thz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin permission problem

I can't figure out why cygwin won't let me write a file to this directory. Any ideas? $ id uid=1007(jdbaldwin) gid=513(None) groups=513(None),0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users) $ ls -lad . drwxrwxrwx+ 1 jdbaldwin None 0 2010-09-29 12:47 . $ touch x touch: cannot touch `x': Permission... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdbaldwin
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVN Permission problem

I am running subversion 1.6.6 on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid), Viewvc 1.0.9 and apache2 (2.2.14) and LDAP authentication. I have multiple repositories on my SVN server and it all working fine, however I am unable to set access control (permissions) using AuthzSVNAccessFile. “SVNParentPath... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies
NOTMUCH(1)						      General Commands Manual							NOTMUCH(1)

NAME
notmuch - thread-based email index, search, and tagging SYNOPSIS
notmuch command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
Notmuch is a command-line based program for indexing, searching, reading, and tagging large collections of email messages. This page describes how to get started using notmuch from the command line, and gives a brief overview of the commands available. For more information on e.g. notmuch show consult the notmuch-show(1) man page, also accessible via notmuch help show The quickest way to get started with Notmuch is to simply invoke the notmuch command with no arguments, which will interactively guide you through the process of indexing your mail. NOTE
While the command-line program notmuch provides powerful functionality, it does not provide the most convenient interface for that func- tionality. More sophisticated interfaces are expected to be built on top of either the command-line interface, or more likely, on top of the notmuch library interface. See http://notmuchmail.org for more about alternate interfaces to notmuch. The emacs-based interface to not- much (available under emacs/ in the Notmuch source distribution) is probably the most widely used at this time. COMMANDS
SETUP The notmuch setup command is used to configure Notmuch for first use, (or to reconfigure it later). The setup command will prompt for your full name, your primary email address, any alternate email addresses you use, and the directory con- taining your email archives. Your answers will be written to a configuration file in ${NOTMUCH_CONFIG} (if set) or ${HOME}/.notmuch-config . This configuration file will be created with descriptive comments, making it easy to edit by hand later to change the configuration. Or you can run notmuch setup again to change the configuration. The mail directory you specify can contain any number of sub-directories and should primarily contain only files with individual email mes- sages (eg. maildir or mh archives are perfect). If there are other, non-email files (such as indexes maintained by other email programs) then notmuch will do its best to detect those and ignore them. Mail storage that uses mbox format, (where one mbox file contains many messages), will not work with notmuch. If that's how your mail is currently stored, it is recommended you first convert it to maildir format with a utility such as mb2md before running notmuch setup . Invoking notmuch with no command argument will run setup if the setup command has not previously been completed. OTHER COMMANDS Several of the notmuch commands accept search terms with a common syntax. See notmuch-search-terms(7) for more details on the supported syntax. The search, show and count commands are used to query the email database. The reply command is useful for preparing a template for an email reply. The tag command is the only command available for manipulating database contents. The dump and restore commands can be used to create a textual dump of email tags for backup purposes, and to restore from that dump. The config command can be used to get or set settings int the notmuch configuration file. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables can be used to control the behavior of notmuch. NOTMUCH_CONFIG Specifies the location of the notmuch configuration file. Notmuch will use ${HOME}/.notmuch-config if this variable is not set. SEE ALSO
notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch- search(1), notmuch-search-terms(7), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) The notmuch website: http://notmuchmail.org CONTACT
Feel free to send questions, comments, or kudos to the notmuch mailing list <notmuch@notmuchmail.org> . Subscription is not required before posting, but is available from the notmuchmail.org website. Real-time interaction with the Notmuch community is available via IRC (server: irc.freenode.net, channel: #notmuch). Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH(1)