Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Getting sysdate - 2 by an unix command Post 6199 by rajusom on Friday 31st of August 2001 05:07:38 AM
Old 08-31-2001
this login does not work with number greater than the days passed in the going month.
plz try this script it will fail .

#!/usr/bin/sh
echo "Plz enter the number of diff required"
read _diff
_day=`date +%d`
_month=`date +%m`
_year=`date +%y`
newday=`expr $_day - $_diff`
echo "Two days ago was $_month/$newday/$_year "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get sysdate -1

Hi, How can i change date value to date value - 1 in unix ? I mean sysdate to sysdate -1. Can anyone throw some light on that ? cheers, gopskrish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sysdate -p -f%d/%m/%Y

Dear I check script written in Unix commands and i face misunderstanding in date format. the format is ( sysdate -p -f%d/%m/%Y ). can you told me what is ( -p and -f ) means. and can you write sample for this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sysdate -1 in unix

I need to automate the creation of a file. It needs to have the date of the previous day. In sqlplus we use sysdate -1 but I checked the man page for date and didn't find a similar command. This is what I use for creating a file for the current date: rciind`date '+%m%d%Y'`.txt What do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kskywr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename FILE with sysdate-1

Hi, There is file on UNIX server named as fd40568-07082009.txt which get FTP'ed to UNIX on a daily basis. 07082009 of fd40568-07082009.txt represents the system date. This type of .txt gets FTP on a daily basis. My requirement is to rename the fd40568-07082009.txt to fd40568-07072009.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sysdate setting in .profile

Hi, I need to append the current system date and time in my file which are being taken a backup by my shell script .so i added the following line in by .profile SYSDATE="$( date '+%d/%B/%Y/%S' )" export SYSDATE But it's a constant one rather then a sync with my system date ,so how can i do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql "sysdate" in unix?

I am use unix shell script to called an sql Script to query data in my shell program. sqlplus -S /nolog @update.sql but my script on function "sysdate" not work !! Could you tel me,How can i use function "sysdate" on unix or can replace the other function in my script to get data in system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krai
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Sysdate-1 ORA Errors - Can you help me in this UNIX Script?

Hi Guys, I wanted to create an Unix Shell Script that should fetch a particular string from a text file on a particular date. We all know Oracle generates alert logs for each and every day for every actions in the database. I have an alert log file now where it contains for about a months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja_dba
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting sysdate into the XML!!

How do i insert the sysdate in the below xml file? This has to happen dynamically, meaning everytime the script runs, it shud put 2 sysdates in the below xml marked in red ...format is YYYY-MM-DD <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Package> <LOCALE>en_US</LOCALE> <User... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the logfile for sysdate-1

Looking for help. I need help in the grep ( alternative) to filter out the a keyword from the logfile for a time period of sysdate -1. My logfile looks like: ####<Sep 7, 2014 3:46:55 PM PDT> <Warning> <Management> <hostname> <> < ExecuteThread: ####<Sep 15, 2014 2:51:05 AM PDT>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjoy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter data based on sysdate

I have a file from which I need to filter out certain lines when field 17 is less than sysdate. The file has date in YYYYMMDD HH:MI:SS format. Sample file is as below: PRUM,67016800 ,CC ,C1,67016800 ,00,Y,Y,2 ,US,BX,BOX ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
5 Replies
MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)			    Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder 		      MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
make-sqldeveloper-package - Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder SYNOPSIS
make-sqldeveloper-package [options] <file> DESCRIPTION
make-sqldeveloper-package is a utility that builds a Debian package for Oracle SQL Developer. The Oracle SQL Developer program is governed by the copyright holder (Oracle USA, Inc.), so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This utility will simply help you create the Debian package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting package acordingly with the OTN license, a copy of which is included in the created package, that you must agree on when downloading the source. This utility will require you to download the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/developer-tools/sql-developer/> to create the Debian package from. OPTIONS
-b|--build-dir <dir> base directory to build package (autogenerated) -e|--email <email> local maintainer email (use DEBEMAIL or auto-generate) -i|--install install the generated package - needs root privilege (no) -k|--keep-dir keep the build directory (no) -l|--revision <number> local revision to append to package version (1) -m|--maintainer <name> local maintainer name (use DEBFULLNAME or leave empty) -r|--root-command <command> command to gain root privilege for package build (fakeroot) -u|--upstream-version <version> force the upstream version (autodetected) -h|--help display the help screen -v|--version show the program version <file> the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/> AUTHOR
make-sqldeveloper-package was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>. This manual page was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU
2012-11-13 MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)