Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logging htaccess
Special Forums Cybersecurity Logging htaccess Post 61853 by RTM on Wednesday 9th of February 2005 10:07:41 AM
Old 02-09-2005
I just checked the only .htaccess I have with Apache and it already logs to the default access_log when accessing the directory/file that I have set up - puts in the information that you were looking for. You might have to just search through that log for the specific directory to show what was accessed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

5. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Authentication via .htaccess and .htpasswd

I've created .htaccess and use htpasswd comand to create .htpasswd Now when I try to access my protected area I still have loging panel. I checked apache error log lile and found that there is some problem with mismatch password. I use Apache 2.2 .22 Is there some erron in creating... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Budrys
25 Replies

7. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
PENLOGD(1)						      General Commands Manual							PENLOGD(1)

NAME
penlogd - consolidate web server logs SYNOPSIS
penlogd [-fd] [-j dir] [-l logfile] [-n N] [-p pidfile] [-u user] port EXAMPLE
penlogd -l /var/log/access_log -p /var/run/penlogd.pid 10000 DESCRIPTION
Penlogd receives log entries from Pen and from each of the web servers. It consolidates the entries by replacing the source addresses in each entry with the "real" client address and writes the result to stdout or to the file given on the command line. This completely removes the need for postprocessing with mergelogs, since the logs are already merged. Pen must be instructed to send its log to penlogd. See HOWTO and pen man page for details. Sending penlogd a HUP signal will make it close and reopen the logfile, unless it is logging to stdout. Rotate the log like this: mv access_log access_log.1 kill -HUP `cat <pidfile>` where <pidfile> is the file containing pen's process id. Sending penlogd a TERM signal will make it close the log file and exit cleanly. OPTIONS
-d Turn on debugging. The output goes to stderr if we are running in the foreground (see -f) and to syslog (facility user, priority debug) otherwise. -f Stay in foreground. -j dir Run in a chroot environment. -l logfile Write output into logfile. -n N Number of pen log entries to cache (default 1000). -p pidfile Write process id into pidfile. -u user Run as a different user. port The UDP port where penlogd receives log entries. SEE ALSO
pen(1), penlog(1), webresolve(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2002-2003 Ulric Eriksson, <ulric@siag.nu>. LOCAL PENLOGD(1)