Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Board Maintenance
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Board Maintenance Post 6185 by ober5861 on Thursday 30th of August 2001 09:25:49 PM
Old 08-30-2001
There was a call for moderators just recently posted by Neo... maybe you missed that. I'm not sure everyone has the time to run through this thing and weed out some of the posts you mentioned.

It would be nice, no doubt... but it takes manpower and time to get it done... and with a forum of this size, I'd say it's doing pretty good. And while I'm on the subject, I'd like to congratulate Neo and whoever else is in charge of this for surpassing the 3000 point and QUICKLY coming up on the 4000 member mark... that's awesome.

This has to be one of the fastest growing forums I've seen, and an excellent one at that. Congrats to those where it's due.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

free bulletin board

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a free bulletin board for Windows. I can find some but I need it to be able to post images and files to the board. I can find some though I can't find any that will allow files and images and I need both of them. Oh yeah I'll be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mother Board Drivers ...........??

Hi friends i am going to use FEDORA CORE ...Should i need to install Mother Board Drivers ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

new system board replacement?

Hi, What are the files need to be edit after replacing with new system board. Because of big environment we do this activity on weekly basis. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep connection alive between PC and board

HI all, I have armv7 board and i will execute script in host machine with ssh connection from board . I have to test when board in standby mode the script runned in host remain working . The result is the reverse when kernel is in standby mode on board. SSH connection closed and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwen_joe
3 Replies

5. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Board not present

Can please somebody tell me what could be the reason for the following error (Unix Motorola Server): /usr/etc/ce3/s374: Board at address 0xff10000 not present - Entry skipped. /dev/lpc2: I/O error I already replaced the board 374 on the server, but I have the same problem. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dma
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

The Alternate DC board for AudioScope.sh.

Hi guys... Well I have entered an area of partial insnity... ;o) Below is a photo of the 'ALTDC' board for AudioScope.sh... I have decided to incorporate all three methods for obtaining DC into this MBP via the MIC input. 1) VFO. 2) CHOPPER. 3) COUNTER. The controller for the COUNTER... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
9 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)