Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Routine Task being a Solaris Administrator Post 61821 by Far on Wednesday 9th of February 2005 05:18:09 AM
Old 02-09-2005
Routine Task being a Solaris Administrator

Hi,

What are routine task being a solaris administrator ?

Thanks,
Far

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10

i want to take certificate which are: Solaris 10 OS . Part I - Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 Operating System (CX-310-200) . Part II - Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 Operating System (CX-310-202) ; my question is about S10 adminitration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302)

I want to start studying for Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302) Are there any books or study guides for this? I am pumping a dry well on Amazon and Borders... What have you used to study for this? Is there anything out there that is reasonable? I am not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris daily task

Hi friends, I am new to Solaris admin. Can any one brief me a checklist for the daily routine task to be performed on my unix boxes? I have solaris 9 and 10 running on 10 servers. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 OS, Part I (CX-310-200)

Hi all, I have been reading for Sun Solaris Administrator exam (CX-310-200) but i have kind of been dragging. Is there anyone preparing for this exam so we could make like a study group or accountability partner. Awaiting your response. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkechifesie
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any visual aid program like Task Manager for Solaris?

In my project we have 3 Solaris 10 servers which need to be monitored for various parameters shown under "prstat -a" command. A shell script runs every 15 mins and captures prstat output by writing it in a log file. I manually download the log file at the end of the day and build graphical charts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gppande
5 Replies
Task(3PERL)						      Perl Library Functions						       Task(3PERL)

NAME
Task - Perl interface to Tasks SYNOPSIS
use Sun::Solaris::Task qw(:ALL); my $taskid = gettaskid(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides wrappers for the gettaskid(2) and settaskid(2) system calls. Constants TASK_NORMAL, TASK_FINAL. Functions settaskid($project, $flags) The $project parameter must be a valid project ID and the $flags parameter must be TASK_NORMAL or TASK_FINAL. The parameters are passed through directly to the underlying settaskid() system call. The new task ID is returned if the call succeeds. On failure -1 is returned. gettaskid() This function returns the numeric task ID of the calling process, or undef if the underlying gettaskid() system call is unsuccessful. Class methods None. Object methods None. Exports By default nothing is exported from this module. The following tags can be used to selectively import constants and functions defined in this module: :SYSCALLS settaskid() and gettaskid() :CONSTANTS TASK_NORMAL and TASK_FINAL :ALL :SYSCALLS and :CONSTANTS ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpl5u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gettaskid(2), settaskid(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Dec 2002 Task(3PERL)