Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing Shells on IBM AIX
Operating Systems AIX Changing Shells on IBM AIX Post 61785 by clairepst on Tuesday 8th of February 2005 04:46:50 PM
Old 02-08-2005
Changing Shells on IBM AIX

I found some answers as to how to change shells on Linux and FreeBSD but I am running AIX and was wondering if anyone knew the command for changing shells on this platform.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help-----ibm Aix???

:confused: Hello everybody, I am a totel dummy when it comes to UNIX!!! Must be wondering what I am doing here right? I'm most keen on knowing about-it-all. I need help. Wanna know all about the IBM AIX. The versions, the latest. Please tell me how do I go about my search. Thanks a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtanuja
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how is IBM-AIX better..?

why IBM-AIX is preferred over HP-UX ..... In what way it is better for infrastructure......? Suggestions are welcome... Suggest you read the RULES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

3. AIX

IBM-AIX Technical Help

Hi All :b:, Motto : I am in need of IBM-AIX INTERVIEW QUESTIONS. I am working as an a operator, on solaris 5.10 env. i have got an opportunity of IBM-AIX Administrator Job. I really don't want to miss this opportunity. By the way i have basic knowledge of Solaris UNIX, I have confident i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
7 Replies

4. AIX

ibm aix L1

hello all, can anyone send me ibm aix L1 interview questions... thank u guys...jiyojith (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiyojith
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing shells in unix (im using putty)

hi. im new here. im taking a UNIX OS class and im in need of some help how do i change my shell in UNIX? for homework i need to edit the tcshrc file (to include aliases) in my home directory but its not there. so i think switching shells will create the file. am i correct? I'm using PuTTy.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpha_centauri
1 Replies

6. AIX

Command for changing date in IBM AIX

Hello everybody, plz tell me the command for chaging the date paramater in IBM AIX.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_rajesh_k
3 Replies

7. AIX

Completed IBM AIX

Yesterday I complted IBM AIX Certification (000-223). Passed 74% (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
8 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

9. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
GETUSERSHELL(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   GETUSERSHELL(3)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get permitted user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): getusershell(), setusershell(), endusershell(): _BSD_SOURCE || (_XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500) DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns the next line from the file /etc/shells, opening the file if necessary. The line should contain the pathname of a valid user shell. If /etc/shells does not exist or is unreadable, getusershell() behaves as if /bin/sh and /bin/csh were listed in the file. The setusershell() function rewinds /etc/shells. The endusershell() function closes /etc/shells. RETURN VALUE
The getusershell() function returns a NULL pointer on end-of-file. FILES
/etc/shells CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD. SEE ALSO
shells(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2007-07-26 GETUSERSHELL(3)