Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Spot
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Spot Post 61783 by thumsup9 on Tuesday 8th of February 2005 04:18:48 PM
Old 02-08-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by karine
any link about SPOT commands ?

Karine... Smilie

http://spot.cmis.csiro.au/spot/spotinstallunix.php
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/iap/Spot/spotmanual.htm

http://www.spotsoftware.nl/faq.html

Last edited by thumsup9; 02-08-2005 at 05:24 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spot the difference

I posted earlier with a problem it's here, I have edited the script a little and it tells me once more that the end of line is unexpected and I'm really lost with this one, thanks for any help. The new version: #!/bin/sh case $# in 0) echo "Usage: enshar filename1 filename2 " >&2 ;;... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dim-Wit
20 Replies

2. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I search with regex in one spot?

Hello im new here and i shot stright with question. Mainly i wanna ask , how do i search with regexp in one spot and show the whole thing, what im trying to ask is , for eg. i do ls -l, and i see all the info for the dirs and dats. now say i wanna get all the dats that in their name they start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goroner
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to make a spot

HI. there My 10 servers are running on 6.1-05-03 aix including NIM server but my user want to update a TL (61-05-03 to 61-06-04) if I Update a AIx version of TL .. is that change the SPOT of NIM server.. OR if I make a spot of AIX7.1 and Is that support AIX 6.1 AIX 5.3 Images I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
1 Replies

5. AIX

Error with new NIM SPOT

I have added our DR to NIM server and tried to create bosinstall image with smitty nim_bosinst command. But ended up with below error. warning: 0042-229 m_bos_inst: When installing a system using a mksysb as the source for the installation, the level of the SPOT used for the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to create a SPOT

Hi everyone! Ok so I'm trying for the first time to install AIX on a LPAR with NIM. The NIM: root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # oslevel -s 6100-08-02-1316 I'm trying to install AIX 6.1 TL1. I successfully created a new lpp source root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # lsnim -l AIX61_TL1_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivium012
10 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)