Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using getopt with a switch statement Post 61765 by thumsup9 on Tuesday 8th of February 2005 02:24:15 PM
Old 02-08-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammarays
hi all,

set - 'getopt frd*: $*'

done
try this:

set - 'getopt "frd*:" "$*"'

also change it in

for i in "$*"
do
case "$i" in

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

scriptname i have made a script to perform so tasks and i managed to complete the tasks for all the options the problem i am facing is that i can run the scripts individually but i would like to make it such that it can accept multiple options and give me the appropriate output e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

I m trying to use getopt This is my script, but it doesn't take argument in variable, Please help. set - - `getopt mscl: $*` if then echo "Exiting...." exit 2 fi for i in $* do case $i in -m) MAIL="$i"; shift;; -s) SCRIPT=$OPTARG; shift;; -c) COB=$OPTARG; shift;;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getopt

Hi, I want to use the getopt function to parse some arguments for a script. while getopts "i:f:r:" OPTION do case $OPTION in i) iter=$OPTARG;; f) frame=$OPTARG;; r) roi=$OPTARG;; ?) echo Usage: ...... exit 2;; esac done However, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
5 Replies

4. Programming

Comapilation error with Switch statement

Hello , How to resolve below compilation error.activity_type is a member of structure and the output from databse will be stored in structure.Expected output wil l be either D or N or C . sample struct format: struct a{ char acAtivity_type; } code: switch (a->activity_type)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl switch statement

I am just learning Tcl and there are few things about it that is perplexing me. I have a question about the switch statement. Why are these two switch statements giving me different results? $ cat test_switch.tcl #!/usr/bin/tcl set foo "abc" switch abc a - b {puts "No. 1"} $foo {puts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

8. Programming

Passing arguments from command line to switch case statement in C

Hi Am pretty new to C.. Am trying to pass the arguments from command line and use them in switch case statement.. i have tried the following #include <stdlib.h> main(int argc, char* argv) { int num=0; if ( argc == 2 ) num = argv; printf("%d is the num value",num); switch ( num ) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopt Help

Hi All, An old work friend wrote a script which I've been trying to understand how a section of it currently works and work out how i can add some command line switches which i can use later in the script to append the output depending on the command line arguements. Currently it works by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

10. Programming

Missing Logic Looping Through Switch Statement

Having trouble with the logic when looping over this switch case again: for (j = 0; data != 0; j++){ switch(data){ case 'c': output = ranit(r_brace_array); break; case 'h': output = ranit(pipe_array); break; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)