Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What is an Ideal Backup Strategy Post 61760 by una on Tuesday 8th of February 2005 12:58:32 PM
Old 02-08-2005
What is an Ideal Backup Strategy

Hi,

we have a solaris setup in our company and i have been assigned on a project of planning a backup strategy . ours is a midium level company.

please help me so that i can plan an Ideal Backup Strategy.

Thanks,
Una

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strategy to concatenate and backup files

I need to be able to concatenate all the files in a directory into a new filename and a different directory. I want to append the date in YYYYMMDD format to the new filename (ie, newfilename_20090207). The original files will have different filenames so I will need to be able to loop thru each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
1 Replies

2. Solaris

what is ideal temp for US-III+

Hi all, is it okay for US-III+ running at 1200 MHZ to excced 75° C on sun fire 880 here's the output when i ran prtdiag -v on sunfire 880 running solaris10 bash-3.00# prtdiag -v System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire 880 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 8192... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

max/ideal value of items in limits.conf in rhel5?

i want to set limits in /etc/security/limits.conf.My os is rhel 5.2. It was giving continuous messages in in /var/log/secure like : continuously. I have changed values of priority and nice to "0" from unlimited and messages are not comming. But i want to know what is the ideal/maximum... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. AIX

How do I killed ideal users from AIX 5.3 smit?

Hi, I'm newbee to AIX and would like to setup a process which kills 1 Hr. ideal users from smit. Please advise for making it work. :) Thanks, Sumit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Slackware

Ideal partition sizes of 17 gb space.

I am planning to install slack 13.37 on an old stand-alone PIII (512 mb ram) with 17 gb disk space. I need to keep lotsa pdf, chm type e-books for programming with few other misc. documents. I'm going to use this system for my personal use. It has no network but I browse internet with cable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)

NAME
backup_deldump - Deletes a dump level from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup deldump -dump <dump level name> [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup deld -d <dump level name> [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup deldump command deletes the indicated dump level and all of its child dump levels from the dump hierarchy in the Backup Database. Use the backup listdumps command to display the dump hierarchy. OPTIONS
-dump <dump level name> Specifies the complete pathname of the dump level to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the dump level "/sunday1/monday1" from the dump hierarchy, along with any of its child dump levels. % backup deldump /sunday1/monday1 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_listdumps(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)