Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN/NAS Forums
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory SAN/NAS Forums Post 61691 by Perderabo on Monday 7th of February 2005 03:46:21 PM
Old 02-07-2005

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Differences between SAN and NAS

Hello, can someobody give me the jist of understanding between network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) technologies ? I looked around but didnt find any links.. Jigs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Linux

FC, iSCSI, and NAS configuration?

I am using Windows Server 2008R2 as a domain controller to 2 other servers and would like to use my Dell Powervault 770N as my NAS for data storage. I have FC that I would like to implement between the servers and the NAS (as an iSCSI target). I am brand new to this world; is this possible? I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAdmin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting columns with NAs

I want to be able to delete columns whose data have more than 10 percent of NAs. x1 x2 x3 x4 1 1 1 1 2 NA 2 2 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA NA 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA so in this case i will delete x4. lets say there are 100 tables with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

5. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS / DAS / SAN / NAS - Which is best?

i've used only NFS and as many already found out, it can be or rather i should say, it is very unreliable. based on the collective experiences of the members on this board, i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what the next best file sharing method is? is it DAS? SAN? NAS? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)