Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Login Monitor Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User Login Monitor Script Post 61688 by vgersh99 on Monday 7th of February 2005 03:42:04 PM
Old 02-07-2005
'man last' [on Solaris] gives this:
Quote:
last - display login and logout information about users and
terminals
This is something to start with - maybe Googlin' would help as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user login script question

hi all, what file(s) needs to be changed and in what way in order to do the following: when user A logs onto freebsd 4.8 automaticaly he needs to start up a script a made that executes: sets ltp0 in polling mode, executes tn5250 keyboard mapping starts tn5250 with the correct parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

login to different user completely within the script

I am trying to write a script where I would login to a userid with id and password while staying completely within the script. I am doing this in order to edit a file where I change permissions. The objective is to allow one user only to edit a file. This is what I have now. cd $HOME/data ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakdiver
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH login with user name and script.

I want to login to server using ssh or telnet and execute one command then exit to the shell Please let me know how to write script for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script from other user rather than login user

Hi, My requirement is that i am login from ROOT in a script but when any command is coming which is logging to sqlplus then i have to run it with normal user as only normal user have permission to connect to sqlplus . i tried making a script like this : #! /bin/ksh su -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User login monitoring script.

Hi guys, I'm need to write a script that runs an infinite loop to check users that login/out of a server. I'm just not sure about the syntax with while loops and whether or not you can include a nested if-statement? Cheers Spaulds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaulds
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Limiting a user to a script upon login, nothing else.

Hi there, I have a Debian 5.0 server that my company uses for deployment testing. This server needs to be accessed by NOC people that have no NIX knowledge whatsoever. I am creating a bash script for a menu-based command interface for the commands they need to run on their testing routines,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FreeBSD new user login script

I am a beginner programmer and would like to know where to start to modify the login process so that a user can login as username new password new and have it prompt user for username and password and nothing else and then create said user account on the system so they can ssh back in and login... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on shell script to monitor each user cpu use on a cluster over time

Hi, I am relatively new to the cluster administration and shell scripting. I need help on a shell script which can help me determine how many cpu's over time, any particular ( or all registered users on a cluster ) are using. To generate data say over a period of week and list of users and their... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj06
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login into another user from user inside script

now i have logged in username : ramesh in unix Now i have to created script file to login into another user and have run a command inside that user and after executing the command i have to exit from that user. Inside script, i have to login into su - ram along with password : haihow and have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)