Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date program in ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users date program in ksh Post 6158 by patvdv on Thursday 30th of August 2001 12:43:23 PM
Old 08-30-2001
If this is meant to be ksh shell script then why are you using the old and messy backquotes instead $() and expr instead of $(())?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

parameters from my program in c to a .ksh script

hi.. this is my question: it is possible transfer parameters from my program written in C to a .ksh script? how can i do it? i have a program in C, what is called from a .ksh script, and i need what the C program returns some values (parameters) please, help me - any idea thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program with password

Hi, I am looking for a way to utilize password when the ksh program is launched. What's the standard or best way to do it? Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep within ksh program

Hi, is there problem with grep command when using ksh? I had the below command: /usr/bin/grep \""$Mon $NewDD\"" /tmp/timemanager/intlog.$$ >> /tmp/timemanager/log.$$ 2>/dev/null when I run ksh in debug mode, this command can not grep anything even the data is in the file. + /usr/bin/grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ksh to C program

Hi Guys...is there a way to convert a .ksh script to .C program..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program

Hi, I have a text file with multiple sql statements in which I have pick only the below select update and delete statements and do print as given below. All the select,update,delete statements will be as same as ( subquery with ().all statements ending with ; ) the examples given below. 1)... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell

hi friends, I m trying to write a script which compares to dates. for this i am converting dates into no using synatx as below v2=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'` v3=`date +%s -d "$v2"` this syntax is working in bash shell ,but fails in ksh shell. please suggest on this. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print start date to end date, given $1 & $2 in ksh

Dear all, I have an user passing 2 parameter 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015 to a ksh script. How to print the start date to end date. Expected output is : 31/03/2015 01/04/2015 02/04/2015 Note : 1. Im using aix and ksh 2. I have tried to convert the given input into a date, didnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rajaravi
0 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)