Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Windows GUI to feed shell scripts Post 61552 by douknownam on Friday 4th of February 2005 04:47:49 PM
Old 02-04-2005
nevermind, I got my answer.. can use HTML and call it up from the /var/apache/cgi-bin directory on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters

Hey guys, I am working on my shell scripts in wordpad in windows. Then, I upload it to my unix using psftp, but when I open those files with "vi" in Unix, there are all these "^M" characters in the file. Would anyone of you have a clue as to why? Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laud (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Linux

Possible ways to run shell scripts on Windows

Hi all, I want to know possible ways to exceute the shell scripts on Windows environment. Please help me. Regards, Uday. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needing a line feed for windows app

I wrote a program to format data with awk. This file will goto a windows machine and loaded into a windows app. The vendor said adding a line feed would help, but it would work as is. I am already doing a /n, will putting on the /r give the windows person what he wants. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

I want to create a GUI which runs shell scripts in the background. What should I use for creating that GUI. I would be nice if you could point me to some resources where I can learn to create a GUI (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for bash scripts?

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a way to build a GUI for various bash scripts I've written. Is there any "good" way to do it? I've heard about python/gtk+,qt and other stuff, but I've absolutely no idea where I should look at. Thanks a lot in advance! Regards, xenator EDIT: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenator
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for cshell scripts

Hi, I want to know whether it is possible to use GUI for cshell scripts? Thanks Sarbjit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

what GUI can be used with shell scripting for example if i want to say hello in prompted window thnx in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semosam
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies