Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List of dangerous Unix command Post 61544 by JBB873 on Friday 4th of February 2005 03:51:18 PM
Old 02-04-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangral
Thats a strange request...Why do you ask?
In fact we are monitoring operations on Unix servers and we would like to track all dangerous commands.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command unix to list all files created since n month ago

Hello, I want to list all files that were created since 3 month ago. it exist a unix command to do it ? thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yacsil
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list out a file using unix command

Hi, Iam a new member of this group I have got one issue I wanna to find out one file like *.pll in a remote server using unix command i tried giving ls but it wont work acc to my expectation since ls list out the file only in a particular directory eg in C DRIVE I SHUD BE ABLE TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmerin
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Upgrade serviceguard can be "dangerous"?

Hi everybody! We have to upgrade serviceguard 11.14 to 11.16, so I get PHSS_36898 patch from HP. Is it necessary to uninstall serviceguard 11.14 before install this patch? (I think so, but i am not sure). Do you know if is "dangerous" this kind of upgrade? Any suggestions about? Thx in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaugrs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu list in Unix csh - command not found

Hello, im taking a class of Unix and i dont really know much about it, im trying to create a list of menu a user would select from and im very lost. Basically it will have 5 options, the user will chose from: 1. list files in the pwd 2. display date and time 3. is the file file or directory 4.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morava
5 Replies

5. Linux

Is umount -l dangerous?

I had a umount busy issue, that the usual fuser -mk did not solve, I did a umount -l and was able to unmount the device, I then got in trouble by the storage team staff: Here was a snippet of their response: Using "umount -l" is a potentially dangerous act. The command combination for a lazy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pastajet
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of dangerous shell commands

Hello, I have a Application which needs to run shell scripts in a elevated state (root) for system interrogation. So I execute each script using bash -C. This has worked really well. I now want to add another layer of security, I cant inspect each of the scripts before they get deployed to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
4 Replies

7. War Stories

Dangerous rm -rf command

Hello All, I am posting a intresting story which is posted by Mark Brader but actual story is from Mario Wolczko. Original link is here Thanks, R. Singh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX command to display Owner,Group,Root and Subdirectories list

Hi Team, Am a newbie to Unix. As I would like to see the Server Name,Owner Name ( not numeric form), Group Name ( not numeric ID), ROOT path. I would like to send this list as an attachment to my personal mail. Can any one please help me out to to resolve this . Here is the sample result... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
math::fuzzy(n)							 Tcl Math Library						    math::fuzzy(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::fuzzy - Fuzzy comparison of floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.3? package require math::fuzzy ?0.2? ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value ::math::fuzzy::tceil value ::math::fuzzy::tround value ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package Fuzzy is meant to solve common problems with floating-point numbers in a systematic way: o Comparing two numbers that are "supposed" to be identical, like 1.0 and 2.1/(1.2+0.9) is not guaranteed to give the intuitive result. o Rounding a number that is halfway two integer numbers can cause strange errors, like int(100.0*2.8) != 28 but 27 The Fuzzy package is meant to help sorting out this type of problems by defining "fuzzy" comparison procedures for floating-point numbers. It does so by allowing for a small margin that is determined automatically - the margin is three times the "epsilon" value, that is three times the smallest number eps such that 1.0 and 1.0+$eps canbe distinguished. In Tcl, which uses double precision floating-point numbers, this is typically 1.1e-16. PROCEDURES
Effectively the package provides the following procedures: ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values fall within a small range. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 Returns the negation, that is, if the difference is larger than the margin, it returns 1. ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values either fall within a small range or if the first number is larger than the second. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 Returns 1 if the two numbers are equal according to [teq] or if the first is smaller than the second. ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tge]. ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tle]. ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value Returns the integer number that is lower or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tceil value Returns the integer number that is greater or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tround value Rounds the floating-point number off. ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits Rounds the floating-point number off to the specified number of decimals (Pro memorie). Usage: if { [teq $x $y] } { puts "x == y" } if { [tne $x $y] } { puts "x != y" } if { [tge $x $y] } { puts "x >= y" } if { [tgt $x $y] } { puts "x > y" } if { [tlt $x $y] } { puts "x < y" } if { [tle $x $y] } { puts "x <= y" } set fx [tfloor $x] set fc [tceil $x] set rounded [tround $x] set roundn [troundn $x $nodigits] TEST CASES
The problems that can occur with floating-point numbers are illustrated by the test cases in the file "fuzzy.test": o Several test case use the ordinary comparisons, and they fail invariably to produce understandable results o One test case uses [expr] without braces ({ and }). It too fails. The conclusion from this is that any expression should be surrounded by braces, because otherwise very awkward things can happen if you need accuracy. Furthermore, accuracy and understandable results are enhanced by using these "tolerant" or fuzzy comparisons. Note that besides the Tcl-only package, there is also a C-based version. REFERENCES
Original implementation in Fortran by dr. H.D. Knoble (Penn State University). P. E. Hagerty, "More on Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling," APL QUOTE QUAD 8(4):20-24, June 1978. Note that TFLOOR=FL5 took five years of refereed evolution (publication). L. M. Breed, "Definitions for Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling", APL QUOTE QUAD 8(3):16-23, March 1978. D. Knuth, Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1, Problem 1.2.4-5. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: fuzzy of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
floating-point, math, rounding CATEGORY
Mathematics math 0.2 math::fuzzy(n)