Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FSCK on veritas managed disk
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory FSCK on veritas managed disk Post 61503 by ozzmosiz on Friday 4th of February 2005 10:54:43 AM
Old 02-04-2005
FSCK on veritas managed disk

I've had a VXFS filesystem get corrupted and now it won't mount.
Can I run a fsck -y on the raw disk device or should something be
done within veritas? Veritas does not see the disk at the moment.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas root disk mirroring

Hi there, My task is to replace the two 73 G disks with two 143 G disks , which has vxvm 4.1 running on it. I would like to know whether the steps iam following are correct. 1. Break the sub-disks, plexes of the root mirror. 2. Remove the sub-disks,plexes of the root mirror. 3. Remove one of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from Veritas

I have a bogus disk that keeps showing up as failed from vxdisk list - - disk hpdg failed was:c2t0d11s2 There isnt any c2 devices on the system: # ls /dev/dsk/c2* /dev/dsk/c2*: No such file or directory # ls /dev/rdsk/c2* /dev/rdsk/c2*: No such file or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Help: root partition crashed, fsck failed. Disk problem?

recently this sunfire 280R (solaris 10) is having problme, it was able to boot up, then all suddent, it failed, and I can't even mount the first disk which contains root partition when I boot up from cdrom. 2 X 36G hard drive, I scan first hard drive by "read", there is no bad block. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steeles
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Veritas silent disk group creation

I am trying to write a kornshell script that will automatically create veritas disk groups. However, the only utility that I can find that will create the diskgroup is vxdiskadd, which prompts with interactive questions. I've tried to pass the answers through to vxdiskadd, but I receive the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm6601
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure disk group with veritas

People i have an a storage i create two virtual disk 1 y 2. In the virtual disk 1 i configure 8 volumes and in the Vd2 configure 5 volumes. Now i want to create a disk group called Prod2 y Dev2 but when i go to vxdiskadm and i choose add disk o encapusalte when i press list to list the disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas not attaching replaced disk

Hi, I`m on SunFire480R with Solaris 10. Disk in rootdg group failed, so it was replaced. However, I cannot make Veritas initalise the replaced disk: # vxdctl enable # vxdisk list c1t0d0s2 Device: c1t0d0s2 devicetag: c1t0d0 type: auto flags: online error private autoconfig... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masloff
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas disk group not the same on each cluster node.

Need help getting all disk devices back on node 2 the same as node 1. Recently Veritas and/or Sun cluster got wrecked on my 2 node Sun cluster after installing the latest patch cluster. I backed out the patches and then node 2 could see only half of the devices and Veritas drives (though format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk corruption? Cant run fsck....

NOTICE: /: unexpected free inode 45262, run fsck(1M) fsck: cannot open vfstab Looks like /etc/vfstab (and a few other files has gone) Any ideas? Boot from cd, mount disk and recreate vfstab so that I can run fsck? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies